Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange goings on in the sky

Options
  • 10-01-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Ok, this sounds a bit crazy but here I am sitting in my gaff in Portarlington when I suddenly hear an aeroplane noise, a rather low one at that buzz over my house. I peek out the window and I see this object doing crazy manoeuvres in the sky. With it being dark I couldn't I.D. it very well but it had marker lights on it. After doing a few very tight circles over the southern end of Portarlington it went off in a NW direction. Did anybody else see it / anybody know what it was?

This happened at 21.15 tonight.

Enterprise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

enterprise wrote: »
    Ok, this sounds a bit crazy but here I am sitting in my gaff in Portarlington when I suddenly hear an aeroplane noise, a rather low one at that buzz over my house. I peek out the window and I see this object doing crazy manoeuvres in the sky. With it being dark I couldn't I.D. it very well but it had marker lights on it. After doing a few very tight circles over the southern end of Portarlington it went off in a NW direction. Did anybody else see it / anybody know what it was?

This happened at 21.15 tonight.

Enterprise.

yeah think i heard this. though it was boy racers at first. it was defo a ufo

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Maybe Aliens have boy racers as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

saw some sorta flashy lights in the sky over tullamore last night was round 8.30/8.45pm..... sorta unusual, but me da said twas aerplane!don't think the poor man believes in ufos...:eek::p

• Subscribers Posts: 41,464 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

saw it as well enterprise.....

a flashing white light that seemed to do mad maneuvers...

but i saw it earlier about 20.00 seemed to be over corrig area.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Garda Helicopter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

No I don't think it was.

Glad other people saw it also! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

offaly1 wrote: »
    saw some sorta flashy lights in the sky over tullamore last night was round 8.30/8.45pm..... sorta unusual, but me da said twas aerplane!don't think the poor man believes in ufos...:eek::p

FYI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO

Hal1 wrote: »

ha ha..ill show him that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

offaly1 wrote: »
    ha ha..ill show him that!:)

That was just to highlight your ignorance,and that UFO's infact do exist if you read the definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I saw it too but I thought I saw two objects and they came for close at one point. I'm glad someone else saw it, I thought I was loosing it and needless to say when I said it to the missus she just looked at me strangely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Do you have any idea what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Looking at previous posts I would probably agree that it was the new Garda Copter being shown the ropes by the old one.

Hal1 wrote: »
    That was just to highlight your ignorance,and that UFO's infact do exist if you read the definition.

I never said i didn't believe in them i said my dad doesn't!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

After looking at the manifest, that was just tests of the new LNA RG-X14, new unmanned high speed recon jet.
    Were hoping to start mass production by may, pending our tests on the implications of the g's involved on the sensory equipment we are working with.
    So far it seems ok, spoke to the head last night, he thinks we have a problem with, primitively enough, camera mounts, which are then moving other components out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭srvhead

Sorry to burst you're collective bubble guys, but there is an amateur flying club in the m/mellick port area. I know someone who rides gunshot on his mates 2 seater!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

srvhead wrote: »
    Sorry to burst you're collective bubble guys, but there is an amateur flying club in the m/mellick port area. I know someone who rides gunshot on his mates 2 seater!

Thans you for your mature answer!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Ryo Hazuki wrote: »
    After looking at the manifest, that was just tests of the new LNA RG-X14, new unmanned high speed recon jet.
    Were hoping to start mass production by may, pending our tests on the implications of the g's involved on the sensory equipment we are working with.
    So far it seems ok, spoke to the head last night, he thinks we have a problem with, primitively enough, camera mounts, which are then moving other components out of place.

I think you need to get out more...

Advertisement