Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless on ericom broadband

• 10-01-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me here.
    I got a netopia 2247NWG router and Im having trouble getting my wireless working.

The wireless adapter im using is a Netgear WG111T.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wes98 wrote: »
    hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me here.
    I got a netopia 2247NWG router and Im having trouble getting my wireless working.

The wireless adapter im using is a Netgear WG111T.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong?

thanks.

You're going to need to provide a lot more detail than that. What errors are you seeing? What encryption did you set? DHCP or static addressing etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Wes98

well first of all the router works through the ethernet cable, so I no the internet is working.
    when i use the wireless though it just wont connect.
    It says limited to no connectivity. no error message comes up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Wes98

oh damn...sorry for wasteing your time guys. I got it working.
    Turns out I was entering the passphrase where I should have been using the encription key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

If you're using a key you must have the security set to WEP?

You really should change to WAP, then you can use a paraphrase & it's a bit more secure.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You really should change to WAP, then you can use a paraphrase & it's a bit more secure.
    Wap is the crap attempt at internet on mobile phones.. I think you mean WPA

• Advertisement
Advertisement