Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Bowl on internet

• 10-01-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Is there any chance to watch Super Bowl in the internet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It probably could be. Best bet is to google it. You will get a clearer idea closer to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

might be on nfl.com they had a few regular season games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It could well be on nfl.com, but id imagine they charge for it. its the biggest game, its an all money game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

But imagine how many people would be on the site at that time. Sounds like a craped transfer.

Maybe it would be better to use some internet television software? I'm using JLC Internet TV..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Yahoo have a deal set up with NFL and charge $25 a game roughly so they will have it.. Sky Sports and BBC are both showing it if you have access..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

I've watched the play off games through www.rojadirecta.com by loading the required software and presume they'll have the superbowl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

channelsurfing.net showed all the regular season games. It can be a bit hit and miss though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

nevermind bbc or skysports, for all of you out there who dont have any of them(very few id say) the superbowl is also being shown on TV3 this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

kev_s88 wrote: »
    nevermind bbc or skysports, for all of you out there who dont have any of them(very few id say) the superbowl is also being shown on TV3 this year

I'd say the BBC and TV3 will be sh!te tho, they'll spend the whole time explaining the rules and what is going on rather than commenting on the game and doing a tactical analysis of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

hanton12 wrote: »
    I'd say the BBC and TV3 will be sh!te tho, they'll spend the whole time explaining the rules and what is going on rather than commenting on the game and doing a tactical analysis of it.

I cringe at the very prospect of the TV3 coverage.
    Sky is the only choice IMO, failing that BBC, or online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

hanton12 wrote: »
    They'll have the US "overseas" feed for commentary. The likelihood is they'll take a US pre-game show too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Its on TV3.... if thats any help to you. I think its on BBC aswell. Dont know about getting it online, you could probably try some of those Arabic channels or something.... they stream football (proper football) and various sporting events..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MC_G

There are quite a few sites to keep an eye on for sopcast, tvu, and mms feeds for the NFL. www.stoogetv.com is great, www.magicalinks.info was good for mms links but I don't think they'll have as many during the postseason. www.myp2p.eu has a good selection if you're comfortable using p2p software and has a good forum for links for the NFL and all other sports, some of the feeds aren't the best quality due to people not having the proper up and down speeds.

As far as I know yahoo nfl gamepass is only available during the regular season which is too bad because they generally have the best quality. Stooge TV is good and they'll often stream pre and postgame shows from ESPN, CBS, and Fox.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Football without Kevin Cadle is blashpemy!

But I doubt TV3 would touch the broadcast, they would just broadcast what CBS or FOX are showing I presume...

conzymaher wrote: »
    But I doubt TV3 would touch the broadcast, they would just broadcast what CBS or FOX are showing I presume...

they'll have the overseas broadcast team (just like ITV have had the past few years). It has no ads (unlike the FOx coverage...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hopefully I can get something on Roja. If not I'll still probably pay for it. Only problem now is that with all the time difference between America and Oz I could be starting work on Monday morning here as the game is going on Stateside.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

conzymaher wrote: »
    Football without Kevin Cadle is blashpemy!

Football without Kevin Cadle is actually enjoyable!!
    Better than listening to him waffle on in his dull voice.

www.myp2p.eu will prob be your best bet for watching nfl games online. I watch games on tere regularly and generally get great quality feeds

I'm just testing www.myp2p.eu right now watching Colts vs. Chargers. Good transfer but the quality could be better. But not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

WooPeeA wrote: »
    I'm just testing www.myp2p.eu right now watching Colts vs. Chargers. Good transfer but the quality could be better. But not bad.

What channel are you on?

It's called NESN on that site, but I think it's CBS..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

WooPeeA wrote: »

Depends on the quality of stream by the host in the first place. You'll never get a perfect clear picture but if you've no other option to watch it on tv then that site is your best bet to watch it online for free.

fermoyboy wrote: »
    Depends on the quality of stream by the host in the first place. You'll never get a perfect clear picture but if you've no other option to watch it on tv then that site is your best bet to watch it online for free.
    It all depends of speed of your internet connection. You can get very good quality, even 3000 kb/s but not if you use slow connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

I'd rather watch the SB on BBC as there won't be any commercials. Sky Sports will be showing the same 4 or 5 commercials all night. It's not like watching it in the US where the commercials can, on rare occassions, be more entertaining than the game.

BBC announce that Mike Carlsen (who works with Channel 5) and Rod Woodson (Who I find excellent on Total Access) as their studio team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

As long as they don't have Meathead Johnson that's fine with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It'll be a tough old slog for the BBC team if they don't have any ad breaks at all... Are BBC getting the Fox commentary? Or the stupid overseas one?

Will TV3 have a studio panel at all? Or does anyone know?

It's today!! Can't wait.. There's another site I found:

http://www.en.live-sport-tv.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I have to stick with the Sky coverage on this, regardless of ad's. I've been with them all season and I don't see how I could possibly change now.

Kev and Nick ftw.

Advertisement