Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seventy pound salmon caught in R Ness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Therse a Photo in my Grans house of my late grandad after a days salmon fishing on the Liffey of A salmon hanging from the kitchen door, from the top of the door to about 3/4 the way down the door. Id estamate the Fish to be over 40lbs.
    I love listening to stories from my gran about my grandads fishing adventures, coming home with Multiple salmon over 20lbs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

A Liffey forty would be interesting and counts as local history too ... any chance of posting a copy of the photo here?

the fish wasnt caught on the liffey, my grandads buddy came from the west and his family house was on the banks on the Owenduff river and thats where it was caught, he also caught a 34lb pike from the liffey and got it stuffed, its in my uncles pub in Holland

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

In those days the Boyne used to produce thirties and forties. It is an amazing size from the Owenduff!

coolwings wrote: »
    In those days the Boyne used to produce thirties and forties. It is an amazing size from the Owenduff!

I tought the same but thats what it says on the back of the photo, i fished it a few years back and its fly only and not very big but v deep in spots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement