Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with .INFO domain

Options
  • 11-01-2008 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I got a domain name .INFO
    Very often I can't register online to different forums/companies etc because my email address is said not to be valid...Great. I suppose that the 4 digits after the domain name.

Also pretty often, even when it works, I can't get the confirmation email.
    Like with eBay tonight. got the email sent several times, still don't have it.
    Sedo.com was the same, I had to change my email address to something else.

Really annoying.

Anyone else have noticed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A lot of forms use legacy code which can only handle 3 character tlds. .info is also abused quite a bit, so quite a few companies would have simply banned it (eg. Sedo)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

blacknight wrote: »
    A lot of forms use legacy code which can only handle 3 character tlds. .info is also abused quite a bit, so quite a few companies would have simply banned it (eg. Sedo)

Yes, that could be a major factor with the 4 character tld.

You should be receiving the emails if you get a "Confirmation Email as been sent to Joe@Bloggs.info". The error could be your spam filter, or else your server, because I have a (shared hosting package) website and it only ever receives emails it wants to receive them.

Advertisement