Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Quays

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

O Riain wrote: »
    Great pictures man, is there any chance of getting one from the town side of the river to see the difference from that side?

I'm sure far better pics will emerge over next day or so, but this was taken from the car while stopped in traffic on Wednesday evening.

B1EB0672-6EE2-43DA-894D-97C810204357_zpsx9gqd06m.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Aquos76 wrote: »
    O Riain wrote: »
    Great pictures man, is there any chance of getting one from the town side of the river to see the difference from that side?

I'm sure far better pics will emerge over next day or so, but this was taken from the car while stopped in traffic on Wednesday evening.

B1EB0672-6EE2-43DA-894D-97C810204357_zpsx9gqd06m.png
    Deadly, some difference already just on that side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭decimal

Attached is a before pic of the quay for your viewing pleasure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

decimal wrote: »
    Attached is a before pic of the quay for your viewing pleasure :D

Lol forgot about the Cee U Next Tuesday Graffiti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Is the middle section protected or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes, it's a structure from 1904 I think, only 2 in Ireland.

Taken from the Waterford History page:

2h4w08o.jpg

This is how it was on the 30th of may.
    I'll get another pic next week.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Is the middle section protected or something?

Not the one with the poster attached to it thou, it's the building directly behind that one.

News And Star has a picture on their Facebook showing that the last silo has now been knocked down.

(Sorry on Mobile dont seem to be able to copy / post a link from FB)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Jambo wrote: »
    News And Star has a picture on their Facebook showing that the last silo has now been knocked down.

Here ye go ;)

13419120_1071632456256878_3833674632430304715_n.jpg?oh=57d9e63be9471f0d2b1daf1d1f229d03&oe=5807E6C8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

https://www.facebook.com/WaterfordNewsandStar/photos/a.126898284063638.34205.120792148007585/1071632456256878/?type=3&theater

Here is some updated pictures from Yesterday (Sun 19-6-16)

yRjtWnLl.jpg

ct9UBY1l.jpg

qS2zCGsl.jpg

PNBbRQWl.jpg

dMqPwJyl.jpg

I still can't get over the quanity and quality of the wooden fittings innate the buildings, if only I'd known!

Here are some more pictures from 22-6-16

GTuhq6Gl.jpg

bVxn01Xl.jpg

VLsshMAl.jpg

RAyaxgKl.jpg

N0Aq00tl.jpg

PjAjl0Al.jpg

Wqk3kgYl.jpg

Mz2rOUpl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Here are some more pictures from 22-6-16
    Fantastic photos again. Any chance of one from across the river? Mad to see how the whole view looks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

100_8276_zpsg2lmhrts.jpg
    100_8277_zpshjtobmna.jpg
    100_8288_zpsjfjhrdwn.jpg
    100_8293_zpswxhemadu.jpg
    100_8294_zps7cmzguk0.jpg

Heres another picture from yesterday (27-6-16) evening. (The were working away until approx 7pm)

2cvtRgpl.jpg

Will try get a few pics from the city side during the week.

Shot today :)

mZN93qi.gif

Shot today :)

mZN93qi.gif

Brilliant, how lucky long was that shot over? And what did you use for the time-lapse?

Brilliant, how lucky long was that shot over? And what did you use for the time-lapse?

Thanks, shooting with a Canon 40d. The footage in the gif started at 3.30pm and ends at 5.00pm, around 500 photos. I've been shooting the demolition since last April, here's one of the early timelapse videos (best to watch in fullscreen @ 1080p 60fps)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thanks, shooting with a Canon 40d. The footage in the gif started at 3.30pm and ends at 5.00pm, around 500 photos. I've been shooting the demolition since last April, here's one of the early timelapse videos (best to watch in fullscreen @ 1080p 60fps)

Got any with the silo's being destroyed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Cool stuff decimal.

Definitely more noticeable from the city side with the latest building nearly gone.

Here a photo from the quay last night - quality is not great as it was taken from a mobile with no optical zoom.

GLSqawEl.jpg

I wonder why the 1st of the taller structures that the started to demolish is still left half standing ?

I hope the site is well cleared before the construction trade holidays so at least the site may be more acceptable to the eye over the Spraoi weekend.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Got any with the silo's being destroyed?

9Bmwasv.gif

:D

I haven't started processing much of the footage yet, over 100,000 photos and still counting, I'll hopefully get around to editing it by winter with the rate it's going! (I started shooting in April)

Work appears to be underway on the large steel structure (which was between the green silos and preserved building) workers are removing the panelling and the larger long reach machine is parked up down here !

Some more photos from Lunchtime Today, You might be able to see the wire rope centre coming from the top of the structure, plan is to topple the structure either this afternoon or tomorrow !

9SQNFFrl.jpg

n4ukSpgl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Some more photos from Lunchtime Today, You might be able to see the wire rope centre coming from the top of the structure, plan is to topple the structure either this afternoon or tomorrow !

Will the building we see to the right in those pics be next to go or is that staying put?

What an amazing blank canvas to build something iconic like a Bord Gáis type theatre or a modern department for WIT with a bridge to the city. So much potential.

Will the building we see to the right in those pics be next to go or is that staying put?

What an amazing blank canvas to build something iconic like a Bord Gáis type theatre or a modern department for WIT with a bridge to the city. So much potential.

Yes the building to the right is going (on riverside) but I don't know if it was next but Id say there was good chance as there's not too much left standing there now.

A Picture from Tonight - top section was pulled down some time this afternoon.

3XfnwFUl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

what is the plan for the development?

Advertisement