Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing between 2 houses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That all sounds a bit complicated :o

I'll just check out rebooting from IP and if I can't, I'll just unplug it, no big issue really it doesn't happen too often :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Presumably you're quite entitled to link two LAN's (i.e. for the purposes of file transfer or multiplayer gaming) assuming one doesn't access the other's internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

No problem re the help, it has not helped here but someone searching in the future may benefit from what has been said.

I am glad you can now both get signal, I know what its like to be within a cats whisker of picking up a good signal, it can drive you mad...........its funny how we let silly things like that bother us! Its not a problem really, in the grand scheme of things.

I guess it could be the fact that 802.11a/b/g is a pretty poor standard, in my opinion, and we keep being promised faster/further only to be stopped by a window or wall or cow or sheep, depending on location.

Also you wont ever need to wire now, if you have good signal now not much will get in the way of that. Saying that, knowing Wifi, if your neighbor was to carpet his floor it could ruin everything!!!!! Ha poor Wifi, its not that bad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

make sure the router is switched to "Always on" and not "Data activated" Is it a linksys? if so i had same problem but a firmware upgrade solved this problem. Also mate you could try right clicking on your wireless connection icon near the clock in bottom right corner and select repair the connection, sometimes this saves a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Cool thanks again folks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement