Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Sligo (the forum)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I dont have to respond to the comments here but I want to clarify the unfounded allegations of editing and hopefully put this matter to bed. I have already stated that there was only one single post edited which consisted of removing 3 words - "xxxx" and "xxx xxxxxxx". Now you can all go away and fit those 3 words into the <SNIPS> and you will then have the full content of the thread concerned.

It was also falsely and unfairly claimed that I even edited my own post in a reply to JohnCleary - well its still there in its full glory for all to see. I made the comment and it will remain there.

In conclusion the OP here, lightening, will have access again later today.

Edit: I have edited this post to remove the 3 words which I referred to and which remained here overnight so that some people would see them. It sorta defeats the purpose of editing a thread in the Sligo forum by posting the edited pieces up here but I think I have made my point. lightening has now got access again to the Sligo forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

i am backing muffler on this one.

i was the poster who quoted regarding the pigs who wreck a certain area of sligo town on a thursday night. i never called any particular individual a pig . the condition of the mall area on thursday nights friday mornings after students night out is akin to a sty. i also accepted a general rubbish problem in sligo .

the observations by john cleary coming on the sligo forum did annoy me personally but i feel that muffler controlled the situation well and his warnings were not heeded regarding posting off topic by lightning or john cleary.

i cant see a problem with mufflers actions and feel this thread should be put to bed.

the bans are complete at this stage.

come on lightning - it is hard enough to get mods without questioning their authority - no hard feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

muffler wrote: »
    It was also falsely and unfairly claimed that I even edited my own post in a reply to JohnCleary - well its still there in its full glory for all to see. I made the comment and it will remain there.

Yeah, sorry, my mistake, the comment is indeed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Sligored wrote: »
    i cant see a problem with mufflers actions and feel this thread should be put to bed.

Well, lots of people can see a problem with the way it was handled.
    Sligored wrote: »
    come on lightning - it is hard enough to get mods without questioning their authority - no hard feelings

Your right though, life's to short. No hard feelings at all... Now, I'm off to the Sligo forum to get advice on a decent pub, no tv, nice fire, good pints....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Personally, I believe the problem has been resolved, or at least "put to bed".

I think it would be a good idea to lock this thread in light of the problem being resolved, partly, at least.

Hopefully the people involved will now be able to get along with each other on that forum?

• Advertisement
Advertisement