Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALP! Thermal Paste cleaner.

Options
  • 11-01-2008 10:56am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Laeds, I can't find any shop in Dublin selling thermal paste cleaner and I *really* need to get this job done today (rebuild of my own PC after broken motherboard has finally returned). Any ideas where I'd find some or are there any good samaratins out there willing to help a fellow nerd out? Tried the usual suspects (Maplins and Peats) with no success.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

vodka on a cloth usually works for me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

well, if that's the case, I'm away for slates - it's great working for a hotel company with LOTS of spirits :D

Can anyone think of any reason why I shouldn't do this? I'm off to google to check just incase :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I use vodka, white spirit, or lately, Aldi aftershave* :D

*Not a joke.

Vodka has been used and a mirror-like finish has been achieved :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Waste of a good drink;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

In my house we use Lidl aftershave*. Slight variation of HavoK's technique... ;)

* Also not a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I bought stuff from OCUK awhile back.. Some lovely smell of lemon of it lol :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

But does it a) make you drunk or b) make your hands soft??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I rob my wifes nail varnish remover pads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

you lads are a disgrace.

Only pure alcohol/acetone should be used or specified thermal paste cleaner. And you should use a lint free cloth as you do not want to leave fibers on a cpu that can hit 60c or more.

Kharn im dissapointed in you ! You know i have proper thermal paste cleaner, you should have given me a shout :(

No <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Go to any chemist & ask for a bottle of Acetone, should cost ya bout a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can you use sandpaper? :p

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement