Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educate Together Maynooth - crosspost

• 11-01-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Crosspost from Primary & Pre-school forum (Thanks to BuffyBot for allowing the crosspost).

There's some movement happening on setting up an Educate Together school in Maynooth in Sept 2008.

First meeting was yesterday evening with some interested parents to get a public meeting arranged and the pre-enrollment started. For the application to go in there must be a minimum of 17 children pre-enrolled.

Details so far
    Public Meeting - 26th Jan - 11am - 12 noon. Venue tbc.
    Pre-enrollment: 12 - 2pm. Same venue as public meeting.

This is provisional and mainly depends on a venue being available.

Feel free to post here or the other thread or PM me if you want any more details - but that's pretty much all I have at the moment. I'll keep this thread updated with info as I get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ioshmearse

Any updates on this meeting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I haven't received official confirmation yet but unofficially the venue is NUIM - in the Hume Building I think. And it's on the 26th. I should get official confirmation in the next day or two and have the leaflets/posters which I can post up as pdf.

The public meeting is going ahead. It's on the 26th January in Room CS1 (Computer Science Building Lecture Theatre 1), Callan Buildings, North Campus, NUI Maynooth.

Public Meeting - 11am - 12 noon
    Pre-enrollment - 12 noon - 2pm

The full press release from Educate Together is available here.

I haven't got a soft copy of the leaflet and poster yet but I'll post links to them as soon as I do.

Final update on this.
    Meeting is on Saturday in CS1 with pre-enrollment straight afterwards. Emmet Stagg and Bernard Durkan are sending representatives and I believe Cllr. McGinley will be there too. All of Maynooth has been leafleted to advertise it. If anyone reading this thread is interested as of tonight I'm the pre-enrollment officer. So feel free to direct any queries to me via pm or on thread or else I hope to see you there :)

A successful pre-enrolment. As the meeting is over I'll post all further updates regarding the school on this thread in the Primary & Pre School forum.

Thanks again BuffyBot for allowing the crosspost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement