Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Megadeth or Metallica?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

surprised this hasnt gotten extremely out of hand to the point where the thread is locked yet. For me its megadeth all the way, i think there are 2 main reasons why people dont like megadeth. 1. mustaines cheesy(like it or loath it, its true) voice and 2. metallica fanboyisim.

my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I prefer Metallica for Master of Puppets, epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 truth_enigma

This is a fairly silly argument in general, apart from completely ignoring Anthrax, Slayer, Testament and Exodus! I also don't understand this seeming opinion that Megadeth haven't produced a decent album in a decade. While Risk was dribbling ****, World needs a hero was the first step in th eright direction, System has failed was further movement in the processing of righting the Megadeth behemoth and United Abominations deserves to be ranked right up there with their absolute best.

Metallica is more complicated. Load and Reload were a huge disapointment. There was a few decent tracks on it, and while S&M was rubbish, it was no more than trying something new, and I will never bad mouth a group for that. St Anger was an album with some hugely misguided decisions, perticularly the production and the choice of no solos. However, they have shown (very) brief flashes of their previous ability. The Garage Inc covers cd was very enjoyable, and the 2 new songs from S&M, -human and No Leaf Clover were both pretty good. The new album has every chance of being great, and Rick Rubin is a production god (just look at what he did for a washed up country & western "star").

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

This is a fairly silly argument in general, apart from completely ignoring Anthrax, Slayer, Testament and Exodus! I also don't understand this seeming opinion that Megadeth haven't produced a decent album in a decade. While Risk was dribbling ****, World needs a hero was the first step in th eright direction, System has failed was further movement in the processing of righting the Megadeth behemoth and United Abominations deserves to be ranked right up there with their absolute best.

Metallica is more complicated. Load and Reload were a huge disapointment. There was a few decent tracks on it, and while S&M was rubbish, it was no more than trying something new, and I will never bad mouth a group for that. St Anger was an album with some hugely misguided decisions, perticularly the production and the choice of no solos. However, they have shown (very) brief flashes of their previous ability. The Garage Inc covers cd was very enjoyable, and the 2 new songs from S&M, -human and No Leaf Clover were both pretty good. The new album has every chance of being great, and Rick Rubin is a production god (just look at what he did for a washed up country & western "star").
    s and m rubish?? i think your on your own on that one bud!! Personally didnt see what people thought so great about united abominations, love there old stuff but that album just seemed generic.

On the topic of the other thrash metal titans, anthrax testament and exodus are 3 massivly underrated bands, in my opinion testament almost beats megadeth to the top spot on my thrash metal list.......Almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Testament are absolutely savage alright man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

have never seen megadeath live but have there albums seen metallica 3 times so i guess james and co get the nod from me. hope i can get to see magadeath b4 they stop playing. their last gig was sold out when i wanted to go. that last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

If anyone else spells megadeth - megadeath I am gonna ****ing scream jesus are ye all 5 year olds or something????
    worst thread everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Caveat

A lot of posters saying how this is the "worst thread" etc.

Yes, a bit pointless and inconsequential - but so are loads of threads on this site. It's harmless.

Can you not just ignore it if that's how you feel? Surprised some people have taken the time out to even comment on it TBH.

Caveat wrote: »
    A lot of posters saying how this is the "worst thread" etc.

Yes, a bit pointless and inconsequential - but so are loads of threads on this site. It's harmless.

Can you not just ignore it if that's how you feel? Surprised some people have taken the time out to even comment on it TBH.
    good point. if you dont like, dont feckin post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Exactly, most threads in most forums or ****e but if ya don't care go play football with yourself then. I'm listening to the black album, savage buzz, haven't heard it in years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

buck65 wrote: »
    If anyone else spells megadeth - megadeath I am gonna ****ing scream jesus are ye all 5 year olds or something????
    worst thread everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    you better take that back if you know whats good for you. so f****n what if i missspelled it i have dyxlexia you insulting little B*****x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Jesus, get a grip buddy

this is not a dyslexia thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

villains77 wrote: »
    you better take that back if you know whats good for you.

Calm down. Now.

Honestly, I probably should've locked this thread the minute it was posted, it's been done 6 dozen times before, and it always ends up bringing out the very worst in people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement