Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMS problem on Meteor with W810i

• 11-01-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I cannot send or receive MMS messages using my W810i on the Meteor network.

So far I have tried the following:
    • Replaced the phone
    • Replaced the sim
    • Tried to use a different phone with my sim
    No matter what i try the message just remains queued in the outbox and doesn't leave,

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
    Tantalis

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

tantalis wrote: »
    Hi,

I cannot send or receive MMS messages using my W810i on the Meteor network.

So far I have tried the following:
    • Replaced the phone
    • Replaced the sim
    • Tried to use a different phone with my sim
    No matter what i try the message just remains queued in the outbox and doesn't leave,

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
    Tantalis

first the obvious question, do you have the mms settings on your phone?

and where did you get them? the meteor site used to send out the wrong settings for the w810 and probably still does

what happened when you put your sim in a different phone? could you still not send mms, which would indicate that the problem is with the way your account is set up with meteor
    or could you send mms, which indicates the problem is with the phone?

did you put the sim from this other phone into yours and what happened? could the other sim send mms in your phone or not?

edit:
    go to Menu->settings->connectivity->Internet settings->internet profiles

on the meteor mms profile, press more->settings

and make sure the following info is there:

Connect using: meteor mms
    Use proxy:Yes
    Proxy address: 010.085.085.085
    Port number:8799
    Username:my
    Password:mms (will be three stars)

that's the part that the meteor site was sending out wrong. the port was 8080

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tantalis

HI,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Using my sim in a differnet phone produced the same problem. I sent the settings to my phone from the meteor website and the store sent them to me aswell.

Another sim card could send them correctly from my phone so it may be an issue with the account.

I have contacted Meteor and they are still blaming settings and or phone.

Thanks,
    Tantalis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

tantalis wrote: »
    HI,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Using my sim in a differnet phone produced the same problem. I sent the settings to my phone from the meteor website and the store sent them to me aswell.

Another sim card could send them correctly from my phone so it may be an issue with the account.

I have contacted Meteor and they are still blaming settings and or phone.

Thanks,
    Tantalis
    if another sim card works in your phone and your sim card doesn't work in another phone (that normally works) then its definitely a problem at meteor's end and not with your phone. don't let them fob you off

if you want to be 100% sure, try your sim in a few more phones. get people to send an mms to themselves to make sure their phone is working, then swap sims. if theirs works in yours and yours doesn't work in theirs then it couldn't possibly be a problem with your phone. try a few more phones and then call meteor and tell them you've done that

if they still insist that its a problem with your phone, ask them to explain why all those other phones work with any sim except your own and why your phone works with any sim except your own. if they still insist, ask for a manager

meteor were having problems with mms a few months ago and your account might never have been fixed. it doesn't seem to be exactly the same problem because those people could send and not receive but it might be related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

call into a meteor shop, do not call customer care as trained monkeys can only answer a limited variety of queries, and basically tell a rep that the settings are fine as the handset works with other sims. the problem is with your meteor account, this happened with a lot of accounts approx 3 months ago, i wont go into detail, but simply ask the rep to "lodge a trouble ticket stating the that you need multimedia settings reprovisioned on your account". he/she may not know what the hell you're on about but this will highlight it to the tech dept who can fix it in a matter of minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

call into a meteor shop, do not call customer care as trained monkeys can only answer a limited variety of queries, and basically tell a rep that the settings are fine as the handset works with other sims.
    Can trained monkeys talk?
    simply ask the rep to "lodge a trouble ticket stating the that you need multimedia settings reprovisioned on your account".
    Surely you could advise a Customer Care Rep to do the same thing? Both have access to CCWeb and Service Desk and both are equally trained on the process of creating trouble tickets.
    he/she may not know what the hell you're on about but this will highlight it to the tech dept who can fix it in a matter of minutes
    CC Tech is actually based in Customer Care and they go through the same basic training with the exception of spending a couple of days learning about more technical aspects up in City West.

Again, it would probably be better to call Customer Care because the rep will more than likely be on speaking terms with at least one of the tech team, meaning that your issue might get dealt with there and then as a favour rather than being seen as just another Trouble Ticket number.

Trouble Tickets aren't dealt with on the spot no matter how trivial they may be. They are dealt with and assigned to the relevant department in the order in which they are created.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Phillyboy!

Love the Response!!! Good stuff...

Advertisement