Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Magazines

Options
  • 11-01-2008 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey,

Just wondering if there are any Irish Computer Games Magazines out there or are they all the UK based magazines and also, what are the best media outlets for reviews of games and that kind of thing in Ireland?

Thanks!!

Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just read Eurogamer.net.

And Kotaku.com is good when you're stuck in work.

Yes, the Internet is your friend.

Check out this Wikipedia article as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

edge magazine every month is good, but for day-to-day stuff eurogamer and kotaku are my favourites, along with 1up, next-gen and the games section of digg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 patrafter

Thanks for that guys, I'm more trying to find out about purely Irish media though, is there any Irish owned and based Magazines or any other Irish media for Gamers?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

patrafter wrote: »
    Thanks for that guys, I'm more trying to find out about purely Irish media though, is there any Irish owned and based Magazines or any other Irish media for Gamers?

No there are none. Several haved tried and failed in the past to capture the Irish gaming market - the Official Irish Playstation Magazine among others - but the problem is that the market here is too small. There's really nothing an Irish magazine can do to disdinguise itself from the bigger and more well reknowned magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

patrafter wrote: »

there is games toaster, who have links to other irish sites. it's not bad but they don't update as frequently as the american or british sites

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

the Official Irish Playstation Magazine among others

I think the problem there was that it was by far the worst videogame magazine ever produced. What absolute thrash.

Advertisement