Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I cant shift my Beemer

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If you want to sell it, price it to sell. It's not going to sell if it's dearer than the cheapest five of the same year/model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

JHMEG wrote: »
    If you want to sell it, price it to sell. It's not going to sell if it's dearer than the cheapest five of the same year/model.

+1 ................and sometimes you have to take a dive to make a motor shift. its a pity but true sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

New BMWs from July will be quite a bit cheaper to buy(at this end of the scale anyway), and a lot cheaper to tax, so that certainly doesn't help matters.

Anyone who is into cars and wants an entry level BMW isn't going to dream of buying one(new or used) till July at the earliest.

E92 wrote: »
    Anyone who is into cars and wants an entry level BMW isn't going to dream of buying one(new or used) till July at the earliest.
    Altho, as the saying goes: anything will sell if the price is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

There are ninety three 2004 BMW 318's for sale.

Ranked dearest to cheapest you come in 18th - there are 75 other more or less identical cars that are cheaper.

I know that you will claim high spec, condition, etc but no-one will know that because no one will look at your ad - they'll see the price and move on.

It's not a lack of buyers - it's a glut in the market coupled with uncertainty over tax that is driving down prices - no matter what you think the car is worth if you aren't getting calls then the price is too high.

• Advertisement

Well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

You need to price that car at about 27-28k. Be prepared to let it go. Its a lovely car but your competing against 70 other sellers. Get it nearer the lower priced on the list.
    How much the car is worth to you and how much the car is really worth are 2 different things. If you need to get rid of that car drop your price and be done with it. Bite the bullet.
    You obviously have looked after it well but your selling it now so detatch yourself from it. I went through this many years ago myself with a motor..:( (god I loved that car):(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If the price is right it'll sell. Car looks grand. Currently it's clearly significantly overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't think anyone's fooled by €29950 either.

Advertisement