Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible?

• 11-01-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭

I want to become a Accountant although I have no experenice in this field whatsoever. I was looking at doing a CPA course, but I'm finding it hard to find out whether I need a diploma or degree in some accounting related field or can I just go ahead and start this course, bearing in mind I dont have a diploma or degree in anything? Also, would it very hard finding an employer to take me on given the complete lack of experenice that I have? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

You should onsider doing the accountant technician course first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Hey OP,

Just because you dont have any experience yet you still maybe able to get a junior position in the accounts dept of any type of firm (not just strictly an accountants office).

As long as you can show that you are planning to start an accounting course and show willing to learn you will be in with a chance - most firms expect to have to train their junior staff anyway and you may also get the bonus of your employer paying some/all of your education fees, loads of firms offer this to trainees, and you can't really beat on-the-job training where you will learn 100 times more than any classroom.

I dont know where you are based but I know of a firm in Dublin 8 who are short staffed (in accounts) and maybe looking for someone. PM me if you want more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Bren1609 wrote: »
    You should onsider doing the accountant technician course first.

First thank you both for the advice. I'm currently living in Wexford so D8 might be a bit far to travel.

As regards the above comment, I was thinking that myself, possibily the BA(HONS) in accounting and finance in DBS. has anyone any knowledge of this course and is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Your welcome. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement