Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan Signings [no talking out your hoop]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kinaldo wrote: »

my mate used to sleep in a celtic shirt, and i dont see them knocking on his door.
    Whats your point.

If he leaves, it will be to win silverware.

Even our cupboard is less dusty than yours.

Go and play on the soccer forum.
    newcastle. ho ho ho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

my mate used to sleep in a celtic shirt, and i dont see them knocking on his door.
    Whats your point.
    You got me there.
    :confused:
    If he leaves, it will be to win silverware.

Even our cupboard is less dusty than yours.

Go and play on the soccer forum.
    newcastle. ho ho ho.
    Don't shoot the messenger. Cheers.

yawn.
    and win nothing?
    Yawn x 10!

good comeback. must be past your bedtime for so much yawning. I was yawning becuase youre boring.

oh... and...
    I hear youre going to sign chimbonda for a knocked down price of 5m now as well.

Yep, King Kev will waltz in, and sign all of our players that we wouldnt sell to other clubs, just becuase its noocastle.

Dont waste your time trying to convince anyone here off one story you read on the interweb.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=74923
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tottenham face a battle to hang onto captain Ledley King.

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan wants to bring King north to strengthen his defence, says the Sunday Mirror.

Keegan will wait until the summer before moving for the England international, which will give him enough time to be convinced about the player's long-term fitness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

We're becoming their feeder club, we're like Duffy's to their Fossetts!

In the real world, reports posted on another site (lifted from a paper but no mention of which) suggest QPR want Radek Cerny and Thomas Peckhart on six month loan deals.

Good move for Peckhart, but with Robbo out of favour there's no chance of Cerny being allowed to go. His loan move from Slavia is up at the end of this season though, and we've yet to offer him a new contract, so we'll be in the amrket for two new keepers in the summer.

Dont waste your time trying to convince anyone here off one story you read on the interweb.
    In fairness it was reported in two of the UK's biggest selling dailys.

Feeling hostile lately?

In fairness it was reported in two of the UK's biggest selling dailys.

The Sun and the Sunday Mirror.

*cough*

The Sun's track record on events at Sid James' Park last week:
    12 Jan: The Sun: 'EXCLUSIVE: Harry Redknapp wants Jermain Defoe to kick-start his Newcastle revolution. SunSport understands Redknapp will resign at Fratton Park and become Newcastle boss in time for Wednesday's FA Cup replay with Stoke.'

14 Jan: The Sun: ANOTHER BIG EXCLUSIVE: SPARKY TO LIGHT UP TOON: 'Newcastle have told Mark Hughes they want him as boss. Despite all the talk of Kevin Keegan, it is Hughes who has been approached by Toon chairman Chris Mort.'

16 Jan: The Sun: 'EXCLUSIVE: Ho way Deschamps! DIDIER DESCHAMPS is the shock new name at the top of Newcastle 's wanted list. Sunsport can reveal agents have arranged for him to fly to England...'

Observer Said & Done

What's the noise I hear? Oh yeah, it's kinaldo scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Mate i wish you were right about youngsters intent of fulfilling their childhood dreams as pros...Roy Keane was a Spurs fan!

What's the noise I hear? Oh yeah, it's kinaldo scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    Perhaps you should put a tag on this thread then, "no Sun or Mirror stories welcome"

• Advertisement

Perhaps you should put a tag on this thread then, "no Sun or Mirror stories welcome"

How long are you on boards?

Its well known that anybody with any hope of retaining their integrity does not use those rags as sources.

I think we'll settle for "no talking out your hoop".

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Looks to me increasingly like Ramos is steadily taking control of the dressing room. he's playing the likes of Defoe and Chimbonda like fiddles. The shock of a possible clear out has restored honesty to performances. Players were understandedly prone to losing concentration with the shenanigans upstairs. They now know who's boss, and it is making a difference. As a result, the far from empty threat from Ramos will not have to be carried out. We don't need to bring in that many. This Gilberto signs like a canny piece of business,a player nearing the end of his contract and buyable. I think this week can see us reach wembley, and see the window near a close with all our key players on board until Ramos decides exactly who he wants and who he needs to get. The summer, on the other hand, might well be hectic- staring with Commoli leaving and a director of football worthy of the title being brought in.

oh, feeling hostile today are we?

really, they wont let you troll on the soccer forum so you come over here?

Come on, if youre going to troll, at least put some effort into it. your current attempts are appalling.

You can have our players when weve finished with them. You know, like steve carr.

oh, feeling hostile today are we?

really, they wont let you troll on the soccer forum so you come over here?

Come on, if youre going to troll, at least put some effort into it. your current attempts are appalling.

You can have our players when weve finished with them. You know, like steve carr.
    Lol, if I was trolling then I've clearly succeeded judging by your little outbursts.

Alas, I wasn't trolling. Not here or on the soccer forum. Just posting a humorous newspiece that relates to Spurs. And sharing my high hopes that Mr. Berbatov follows his dream like Alan Shearer did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Lol, if I was trolling then I've clearly succeeded judging by your little outbursts.

Alas, I wasn't trolling. Not here or on the soccer forum. Just posting a humorous newspiece that relates to Spurs. And sharing my high hopes that Mr. Berbatov follows his dream like Alan Shearer did.

It's a pretty funny story though, isn't it?

outbursts?

ha!

funny chap. much like your football team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Albelda, anyone? Dunno if i would prefer him to Tiago, though. Definately worth the €60mil lol!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3072487,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The Daily Record are reporting that Hutton flew back to London this morning to complete the deal, hope there right !!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/rangers-fc/2008/01/29/hutton-leaves-rangers-for-spurs-in-9m-deal-86908-20302479/

Advertisement