Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good things which have fallen out of fashion

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Slow coach wrote: »
    Either is quite ok, namesake. Look 'em up.

Either one is indeed technically correct. It still hurts my eyes as if you used text speak though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

dublindude wrote: »
    [
    Comics

Do kids read comics anymore?

Comics are still going strong - we had two comic cons in ireland last year and the numbers for 24 hour comics day doubled.

I've got a comic event to attend ever month from now till next July :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

telly only turned on in the evening when news came on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

There are comics for kids nowadays which come with a cheap, tacky gift that inflates the price and, of course, children go crazy for them. You buy the comic, collect the gift from behind the counter. You get home, the child plays with the gift, but do they look at the comic - no! Glad to see Beano is still on the shelves (minus the gift!), and my son loves it.

kelle wrote: »
    There are comics for kids nowadays which come with a cheap, tacky gift that inflates the price and, of course, children go crazy for them. You buy the comic, collect the gift from behind the counter. You get home, the child plays with the gift, but do they look at the comic - no! Glad to see Beano is still on the shelves (minus the gift!), and my son loves it.

I wouldn't class those kids magazines that come with the toys as comics at all.

Comics have really undergone a change in the last few years we don't just have mainstream american comics anymore, we are starting to get a good selection of small press books, manga and european comics [thou the latter is still the hardest to come by] and comics covering ever topic from romance to politics. Comics ain't just for kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

when the sentence "mam I'm going to the shops" wasn't followed by "take your brother or you might be raped or killed"

:(

also Lucky charms
    bring them back damnit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Sonic the hedgehog , I recenetly bought a pc game which allowed me to play all the retro sonic games from the megadrive just as they were

God so much fun :)
    So you liked Sonic and his multiple pricks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

penny sweets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

buying cds.

penny sweets.

slouch socks.

• Advertisement

Cianos wrote: »
    penny sweets

O yeah! I really miss penny sweets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

When people just had clothes that were nice. Like in the olden times they were quite dashing, and men took more pride in their appearance.
    Now it's all just brightly coloured t-shirts advertising some crappy label, with mingin tracksuit bottoms. Ugh :(

Yay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/drama/images/costume/vic2.jpg

Nay

chavs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

WindSock wrote: »
    When people just had clothes that were nice. Like in the olden times they were quite dashing, and men took more pride in their appearance.
    Now it's all just brightly coloured t-shirts advertising some crappy label, with mingin tracksuit bottoms. Ugh :(

Yay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/drama/images/costume/vic2.jpg

Nay

chavs.jpg
    I liked when wimmin looked after themselves.
    They're all fat bints thse days.

Yay:
    http://www.softpicks.net/screenshots/Heather-Graham-Sexy-Screensaver.jpg

Nay:
    http://media.buzzhumor.com/7/Super_Fat_Woman62c2fe.jpg

Advertisement