Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in Galway

Options
  • 11-01-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping to visit Galway in the next few weeks, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel? I'd prefer some personal experiences/comments, rather than just doing a blank websearch for hotels in Galway.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Park House or Raddison are nice if you want something near city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Jury's down off shop street on the quays is fairly good aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I live here so never stayed at a hotel but hear Radisson is nice. Plenty of cosy B&Bs along College Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

if your looking for a decent cheap place flannerys fits the bill..

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

The Victoria in city center is the best ! - they do all they can to make your visit a memorable one! God bless them and all that have passed (out) through their doors..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭colettew

Forster Court Hotel on Forster St - beside the tourist office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rigman

I've stayed in the 'g' loads of times, its not cheap but its one of the best in Ireland, 180 euro B&B for 2 but its really funky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lornie

paul
    are u looking for somewhere nice to stay or are u more interested in convience to the city centre?
    the g is posh and nice but not as convinient. i would say if ur planning on going out on the tear that the vic or jurys is your best bet for location.
    also living in galway s i havent stayed in many places, iv stayed in the g and courtyard marriott, but i wouldnt recommend them really.
    the house hotel is new and a bit funky and some of the pubs have accomodation such as skeff, garveys the western. ( again i havent stayed in these)
    try tripadvisor for some reviews they are usually very honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Be aware that if you want a quiet nights sleep and you choose Jurys or the Spanish Arch, try to get a room away from Quay St, as the street can be quite loud.
    The G is reputed to have beautiful rooms, but is about a 2520-25 minute walk from the city centre. Their sister hotel, The Merrick, has a good rep. The Victoria, along with its sister hotel The Eyre Square Hotel, are both central and would be cheaper. The Forster Court Hotel and Park House are in the same area and are also supposed to be very good.

On the other side of the hotel you have the Westwood and Glenlo Abbey (really nice grounds and view), both of which are in the higher priced market, IIRC.

Advertisement