Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Separation proceedings - claims of adultery

• 11-01-2008 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

We have decided to separate and things had been going smoothly. We have agreed on kids, money etc. She is renting a house (with my backing) and is resident with the kids there. My solicitor has my first draft of a separation proposal. But, I left my wife alone in the house I am staying in while I dropped the kids to school, during which time she found my mobile phone and went through my inbox. I caught her when I came back and she claimed to have found texts which proved I was having an affair (one of which was from my mum!). She is now threatening to cite the name of a woman in the separation proceedings, although there is no real proof that anything was going as (as it wasn't!). Can anyone tell me if citing for post-non-legal separation adultery in the setting of an agreed legal separation affects anything? I need to know whether this is all bitterness bluff from her, or if I need to be able to defend myself against the claim.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

You obviously have a solicitor, so ask him/her those questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 covirish

Ah, ok, never thought of that! ;) Some are less embarassed than others, is there any problem with trying to get a heads up?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Honestly, yes there is. You risk getting faulty advice here from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. You are paying a solicitor, so get value for your money and put your fears to rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I would not recommend dicussing an ongoing case with *anyone*, not even people you thought were your closest mates. Anything that gets back to your wife could be used against you.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement