Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway for Hen night..suggestions where to go!

Options
  • 11-01-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hello all,

Going to Galway for my hen on sat 2nd Feb. There will be about 12 of us in total. We were thinking of going to the dog track. Is it any good?

Also need somewhere with a good early bird menu. My sisters and cousins are still in Uni so don't want to bankrupt them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

Cateym wrote: »
    Hello all,

Going to Galway for my hen on sat 2nd Feb. There will be about 12 of us in total. We were thinking of going to the dog track. Is it any good?

Also need somewhere with a good early bird menu. My sisters and cousins are still in Uni so don't want to bankrupt them.

Actually have yoiu looked into eating at the dog track, I heard the food is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

CPG wrote: »
    +1
    You can also check restaurants on Forster street. It's on the way to the dog track from town.

Then just head into Shop street. Plenty of pubs around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

biko wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CPG viewpost.gif

+1
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

++

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

+= 1

Anywhere east of the river is generally pretty good for Hen parties...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I hear Dublin is good for hen parties. Be off with you and your plastic boobies, making too much noise and barfing in taxis. Harrumph.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I hear Dublin is good for hen parties. Be off with you and your plastic boobies, making too much noise and barfing in taxis. Harrumph.

'cptr

I... I think I love you...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Sarky wrote: »
    I... I think I love you...

Take a ticket, go to the end of the line and wait your turn...

'cptr x ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Have heard from numerous people the dog tracks food is very good. I think its about €40 for admission and the grub.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

Vina Mara is lovely and it does an early bird menu until 7.30 3 courses inc a glass of wine for 27 Euro or so and 2 courses for 24 Euro. Schooners in Salthill is also very good for food, with an early bird menu too. I haven't eaten at the dogs, but I hear good things about it. I'm not sure about the prices. I have heard that you've to book a good bit in advance though... The dogs is definitely a fun night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I have heard that you've to book a good bit in advance though

Have heard this is also the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Have heard from numerous people the dog tracks food is very good. I think its about €40 for admission and the grub.

Been there. Done that.

It's a great place for a group of people and the food is very good.

The Stage Do... ah screw it.

Yeah, have heard that the Dog track is a good night out too. As long as you're not going to be one of those obnoxious, loud hen parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

No we won't be that mad...I am quiet at the best of times.

Advertisement