Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Giant SCR 4

Options
  • 11-01-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

I am looking at the SCR 4 as an entry Bike. Is this the best bike between €500 and €600 or is there a better alternative. Will I get a decent bike for this much. I want to use it for weekend and midweek exercise. All advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

Hi,

I got one of these from wiggle 4 months ago (last years model €480 delivered). Having a slight problem with the indexing on the front mech but aside from that the bike is very comfortable. Although I almost wish now I spent the extra €100 and gone for the SCR3 instead. They still have some of last years model for both the SCR4 and SCR3 (in most sizes) which with the falling sterling should be well under €600 if not around €570 delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Thanks for the reply but i think I am going to go for the b ones on cyclesuperstore there seems to be great value there as long as I put it together properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Giant are a great for entry level bikes, a friend of mine had a ocr4 the old version of the SCR4 and it was a great bike.

If you are buying a entry level bike stick to the brands like Trek/Giant/Specialized and you cant go wrong.

Beware of crap thats on Ebay

Advertisement