Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone missing a Mitsubishi Pajero

• 11-01-2008 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Right well this is somethin that happened me the other night. Just wondering how many people have had a similar experience. I was over in a friends house ,there was a few of us there. Just drinkin and chatting then we heard a strange noise but it wasn't loud enough to grab anyones attention. A couple of minutes later i heard an alarm going off so i ran out thinkin someone was breakin into a neighbours car and what not. about 40 meters up the road there was this Pajero in flames, i mean engulfed,then it exploded which admittedly was pretty cool except for the shrapnel . So i rang the police, but the Maynooth station was closed so transferred through to Naas. So i told the guard on the phone there was a car on fire on the street and to get down there. All he said was, we're not the fire brigade. So i had to hang up and ring 911 and ask for the fire brigade. Anway when the troops arrived (pretty sharpish i must admit) they extinguished the car and i was waiting to talk to the guards. It was obvious to me that the car was probably nicked and torched because noone on the street had ever seen it before and the guards were told this. The guard "Do you know who owns the jeep lads?" "No but..." "Right so,seeyas lads" and then they pissed off. Didn't ask any of the multitude of people standing around or even getting a look at them. Is this common practice. I mean i could have burnt that car for all they knew.
    Maynooths really gone to the dogs!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

briantwin wrote: »
    ring 911 and ask for the fire brigade.
    How long did they take to come all the way from America?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have a better one - my car was nicked two years ago. i told the guards, i had seen it being driven around, they didnt really care.

Just before christmas, it turned up again, parked around the corner from my house. it hasnt moved since

i thought it was nice of the robbing people to return it to me, i reckon, they couldnt remember exactly where they took it from but knew the general area :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

DesF wrote: »
    I was just wondering the same thing.

Sure no wonder they didn't give a crap. They were American firemen. Why should they care about Maynooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

irishbird wrote: »
    i have a better one - my car was nicked two years ago. i told the guards, i had seen it being driven around, they didnt really care.

Just before christmas, it turned up again, parked around the corner from my house. it hasnt moved since

i thought it was nice of the robbing people to return it to me, i reckon, they couldnt remember exactly where they took it from but knew the general area :D

Fackin hell,

So did ya take it back with keys or did the cops do anything? Fingerprints or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Sorry i meant 999. And it didn't take long at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Someone I know reported a stolen car to the cops - went through the whole rigmarole on the phone. When he was finished said to the cops is that it - do you need anything more ? The cop said no. About to hang up then said 'what about the colour of the car ?' and the cop just laughed and said 'oh yeah'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

On the 911 thing wonder why when a phone is locked that you can dial it as well as 999 - anyone ever tried 911 to see what happens?

Does it really matter?

999, 911 and 112 all get you through to the same number.

Well, I think 911 does. It should do, seeing as how a holidaying American would be more likely to ring 911 than 999 in a panic situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does it really matter?

Well, I think 911 does. It should do, seeing as how a holidaying American would be more likely to ring 911 than 999 in a panic situation.

So should they have 999 enabled there aswell for our benifit? What about the Chinese equivelant? shure theres 1billion of them , surely ever other country should have their emergency number enabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm not surprised. My car was stolen about 4 months ago and the Gardai couldn't give a rats ass. Didn't send a car out to get details from me, didn't check CCTV cameras, didn't take fingerprints when it was recovered, weren't interested in the contents of the car when it was recovered (including the thief's jacket, someone else's stolen goods and a pretty large bullet). It took them 2 weeks just to decide which guard should investigate the case, the one who I called in the first place or the one who recovered the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

On the 911 thing wonder why when a phone is locked that you can dial it as well as 999 - anyone ever tried 911 to see what happens?

Next time I'm being murdered I'll give it a shot and I'll let ye know afterwards if it works :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Fieldog wrote: »
    Fackin hell,

So did ya take it back with keys or did the cops do anything? Fingerprints or anything?

i gave my keys back to the insurance company, so i cant take it back. i havent told the guards, sure they have no interest so why would i. The insurance company paid out on the full amount, so i am not out of pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dude, where's my car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

irishbird wrote: »
    i gave my keys back to the insurance company, so i cant take it back. i havent told the guards, sure they have no interest so why would i. The insurance company paid out on the full amount, so i am not out of pocket.

Just go around and rob it then. Robbing your own car would be deadly! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Does it really matter?

Or 0118 999 881 999 119 7253 for anybody from the UK.....

But if you ring 999 is should scream at you for been a frecking idiot .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Anyone missing a Mitsubishi Pajero?

Had one once, but don't miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Where abouts in Maynooth was it? Wow, the place is turning quite quickly into broombridge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

kyub wrote: »
    Just go around and rob it then. Robbing your own car would be deadly! :D

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I know a guy who reported his car as stolen, when the gardai arrived and took a description they told him his car was outside his door. On checking the car, it had obviously been washed and valeted but had too balaclavas in the boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

It happened in Meadowbrook. Over near spar. Yeah lots and lots of nasty little ****ers around the place., Its like the St.Pats institute for young offenders was held over Maynooth and shaken violently. Ya cant even walk to the shop without little ****s givin ya guff. Thatsburnt jeep is still sitting there too. I'm sure the guards just dont give a ****. they were tryin to take the license plates off but couldn't they were there for about 20 minutes and then they gave up. So anyone in the market for some license plates (armed robbers,general scalliwags) head round to meadowbrook in maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

2 stroke wrote: »
    I know a guy who reported his car as stolen, when the gardai arrived and took a description they told him his car was outside his door. On checking the car, it had obviously been washed and valeted but had too balaclavas in the boot.

That's deadly! If only they'd come and do that with my car :D
    And I could do with a new balaclava...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Pajero means wánker in spanish... change it in all the posts and its pretty funny

Advertisement