Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

BBC4 Tonight Pink Floyd, Bowie and More

• 11-01-2008 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hi All just a heads up that BBC 4 are showing a classic albums episode detailing Dark Side of the Moon. Later on is the Fantastic 'Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars'. Sandwiched in between there is an interesting documetary on the 60's. The BBc details are

"The series telling the story of British popular music and its place in British culture since the 1950s continues with a look at the 1960s, and the people behind the pop revolution. They were a group of artists and entrepreneurs who created a truly authentic British pop sound including The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and The Who, as well as preparing the way for a new, more corporate pop business.

With contributions from Pete Townsend, Sir George Martin, Bryan Ferry, Sandie Shaw and Lulu. Some strong language. "

A fine Night in methinks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Caveat

Cheers - nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Already posted in the Music forum, Friday nights selection box is a particularly good one.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

The listings for the next week are really tasty on BBC4, Song remains the same, Tommy, Help! etc

Actually looking forward to seeing Flame next week starring Slade. I haven't seen it yet. Now I know a lot of people may see Slade as a bit of a joke, but I have read quite a lot of good reviews about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

In Flame is proberbly the best rockdocmockumenray of the era or ever. Slade can act (as we saw in er Smell of Reeves and Mortimer).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072993/

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Seen it years ago, some of the music is class, they were a really good band, pity they let "Its Christmaaaaaaaaas" tarnish their legacy. I'm sure the royalties lessen the pain. The Black Country must have been a really cool place in the late sixties

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

MoominPapa wrote: »
    The Black Country must have been a really cool place in the late sixties

Yeah much is made of the 'mersey beat' 'madchester' 'swinging london' etc but Birmingham late sixties must have been Rock heaven, with The Move, Sabbath, Slade, half of led zep (the drinking half!), etc

Advertisement