Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweden

Options
  • 11-01-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    At that point in my life where I have to start making a decision...Finishing up college in May and the job hunt isn't going to plan - not too sure what I want to be honest!

Now I am considering taking the year out that so many do but not the traditional Aus trip - instead my head keeps heading for Sweden (possibly Stockholm). What is the problem you ask? Well, I don't speak the language and I'm a little unsure what I could do while over...

I wouldn't be put off by working in a shop / doing part time work / any sort of job really...Is it necessary to know Swedish or can I survive simply with English (and possibly picking it up as I go)?
    Where are the best sites to look for jobs / accomodation (Tried google - but it's a bit soon for things to be advertised for ~September so just testing the water to see if anyone is knowledgeable)

Thanks in advance! (Sorry if things are a little unclear - still a bit confused myself and first time asking for help in this regard :) )

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you don't have Swedish it might be difficult getting a customer facing job. Even though Swedes have English they don't expect to use it in a shop or similar.
    You'd be better off in an English/Irish pub. There they will happily use what English they have to order.

Register here http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php and see what other foreigners think of living in Sweden.

Advertisement