Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Download & Upload Speeds by Provider

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not bad stats, but a bit misleading. It doesn't take into account what speed connection the person is supposed to have. So, taking eircom for example, if the majority of people testing their speed are on 1 or 2Mbps, then the results will show that eircom are capable of giving you roughly 1.5Mbps. It doesn't take into account that there is a 3Mbps package there or what speed you might expect from that.

All it shows you is what speed the majority of users are getting, regardless of what they're supposed to have.

The interesting part will be for the providers with only one speed available, Vodafone for example. Looking at the Limerick stats, it's about 750kbps of the 3.6Mbps that it's supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I miss my Magnet speeds (4Mb but always had a little bit more)...

But, believe it or not, my ping is 100% better with the NTL connection I'm on now! I'm actually delighted with NTL! I was dreading it when I was moving out but it's actually great! I must be one of the lucky ones...

Advertisement