Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondello Clubman

• 11-01-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm heading down to Mondello to do the clubman circuit next month. Has anyone done it before?

Any advice or general observations would be greatly appreciated. I'm doing it with the Brother in law so theres a bit of friendly rivalry involved :-).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Broadman

Thanks for the reply.

I didnt understand the Brake in a straight line tip. Could you elaborate?

I thought we would be racing against the clock in a single seater (after practice laps in mazda's)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Broadman wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

I didnt understand the Brake in a straight line tip. Could you elaborate?

Dont brake while turning. As a novice its just too easy to spin out. You will need to develop a sense balance for the car. Heel&toe is another skill that id
    reccomend learning before you braking too deep into corners, again its all about balance.

None of this you can cover in your first session, in fact it takes a lot of seat time.

Follow the principles and you'll be fine...

Slow in fast out
    As LIGHTNING said, smooth, progressive application of all controls.
    Use the full width of the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Broadman

Thanks Guys (I assume :-) )

I have to say I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope I remember to keep an eye on the speedo on the way home.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I've done the clubman before, it's great fun, even though the formula sheane only knock out 130bhp they are still way quicker than most road cars.
    Lightening, i see they have finally replaced the rover 200s, no loss there!

My only problem with the course was the massive spread in standard, I got two laps around the 57secs but every other lap was i was stuck behind someone a lap down with was a bit annoying.

Hopefully it will be dry for yous, A beginner really needs a dry track for the first time been in a racing car on it.

Advertisement