Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car for a Labrador

Options
  • 11-01-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've got a great big labrador and want to get a car that can transport him safely. Up to now he has been transported on the back seat with a harness and seat belt.

Any ideas?

Have a car worth 10k to trade in and willing to put another 10k to it.

Thinking of a BMW 116 but that might be a bit expensive???

Slumped

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Car for a labrador?? How the hell will he drive it?? :D

Anyhoo....

What about a volvo estate of some sort? They seem to be popular with the doggie crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Any estate would probably do. Volvos traditionally come with some sort of barrier between the luggage compartment and the rear seats as an optional extra

I would post here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

thanks so far.

Meant to say I was thinking more along the lines of a hatchback/liftback?

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

A 116i wouldn't accomadate a poodle never mind a labrador it's boot is that small.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Car for a Labrador
    Well done. LMFAO.

I quite like these. Automatic aswell.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=591088

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Maybe an Opel Zafira would suit? Not too big & when the doggie is at home you have the extra bonus of a seven seater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Get an RS6 and scare the BeJesus out of him he'll do a great tap dance. Always find that funny. I've a manchester terrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

E92 wrote: »
    A 116i wouldn't accomadate a poodle never mind a labrador it's boot is that small.

You wouldn't put a dog in the boot! It could suffocate!

OP- You are right to use a harness, those metal grills will kill the dog from impact if you were to crash and if he is just sitting loose, he will go straight into either the back of your head or through the windscreen if you crash.

Always amazes me the amount of people that drive with dogs unrestrained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I put my lab and my basset in the boot of a Fiat Multipla and they fit fine. The high seat backs and headrests prevent them climbing out but the short doghairs stick in the carpet.

I'd suggest borrowing your neighbours car any time you need to transport a dog.

'cptr

Advertisement