Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent a maddie? Anyone?

• 11-01-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/2007/world/1101_maddie_sp_lg.jpg

Source
    A girl who looks strikingly similar to Madeleine McCann is being touted by a London casting agency as a $1300–an-hour lookalike.

The agency hopes American girl Kelsey Lynn Kudla will make a fortune as the star of a movie about the missing four-year-old.

“There’s one girl who’s a contender. It’s in the eyes,” Shona Juliet-Adams, the owner of Juliet Adams Model and Talent Castings Agency, told The Daily Star.

Ms Juliet-Adams said the mother of the three-year-old Maddie lookalike had sent her photos of the girl in an email.

"Her daughter is completely aware of this missing little girl and also aware that she bears an extreme resemblance to this child," she said.

"The parents are stopped everywhere — in shopping centres, grocery stores and many other places — and told how much she resembles this missing child.”

The family of Madeleine, who was last seen in Praia da Luz in Portugal on 3 May last year, have slammed the company for attempting to make money out of their loss.

"This is an offensive way to make money out of Madeleine’s disappearance. This is deeply offensive to parents Kate and Gerry," said the couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell.

But Ms Juliet-Adams said she is just doing her job.

Whats next sale on T - Shirts?

Comments

How bizare would it be if it turned out that the child was Maddie?

Somewhere manTIME is fetching his credit card, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

snyper wrote: »
    The family of Madeleine, who was last seen in Praia da Luz in Portugal on 3 May last year, have slammed the company for attempting to make money out of their loss.

eh....arent they making a film about it? gimps!!

also, how do they know this isnt the REAL maddie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The irony of that kid going missing as well would be just too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Maybe the mother of the lookie like would be willing to sell her daughter to the McCaans so we can all move on to a different news storie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Dragan wrote: »

I give the new kid about 6 months before some paedo who feels he missed out on Maddie and decides on the body-double

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

And the next day the McCanns announce to the world that their private detectives have discovered Madeline. Anyways I can understand why the McCanns are upset about this, they aren't getting a slice of the action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

best thread ever, snigger snigger :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I've made some calls. Watch this space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

And the next day the McCanns announce to the world that their private detectives have discovered Madeline. Anyways I can understand why the McCanns are upset about this, they aren't getting a slice of the action.

Upset? cheeksy bstrds!

Gerry McCann already got his pce of action.

Mordeth wrote: »
    I've made some calls. Watch this space.

Gerry? Is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*whistles nervously*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well it is topical, but don't cross the line...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

I suppose the could clone maddie 2.0 and then stop the media blitz. Or make loads of clones and use them to search for maddie 1.0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Pointless thread, its going to get worse...

briantwin wrote: »
    I suppose the could clone maddie 2.0 and then stop the media blitz. Or make loads of clones and use them to search for maddie 1.0

Somone was watching Terminator 3 last night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

1,300 an hour? Does she have a routine or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

yeah she does a disappearing act that would put David Blane to shame!

lol.. i seen that one comming the second i read the post before yours!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

Hehe :p should have thought of that one meself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

So, why in the world would Mrs Kudla bring her daughter to an agency and push this story?

Two possible reasons - either she is a heartless bitch and really thinks that her daughter may get a job in a movie (which I doubt) or else the family is tired of people coming up to them/looking suspiciously at them and wanted to announce to the world that their daughter is not Madeline McCann.

The filler about the daily rate/movie is probably just added in to make sure the story got picked up by scandal hungry media.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Are they sure this isn't another 31 year old Dutch woman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

"This is an offensive way to make money out of Madeleine’s disappearance. This is deeply offensive to parents Kate and Gerry," said the couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell.

Ehhhh....yeah.

Didnt he used to be spokesman for Tony Blair or Prince Charles or something? I wonder if the Madeline charity fund pays his wage or is out of the McCanns substantial doctors wage.

Wonder indeed :rolleyes:

Do all girls who look like Maddy have really crap parents? I sat a table away from a girl who looked like her in McDonalds a few months ago, not long after she disappeared (oh and jesus christ before anyone asks, or an Evening Herald journo reads this and I see a "EXCLUSIVE: MADDY SIGHTED IN DUBLIN RESTAURENT" headline, parents and kid all had Irish accents. I did admittedtly take additional notice given the news at the time but jesus h christ it was not her)

Based on the activities of Maddys parents and the mother of the lookalike, I should have reported her parents to social services as a pre emptive measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Are they sure this isn't another 31 year old Dutch woman?

lol , thought she was 33? Crazy story though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'd hire her out, and have a little fun with the McCanns that even Jeremy Beatle couldn't out do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

is it possible to hire this girl for conventions? parties? walking around behind you looking scared?

I hope they draw a line somewhere at what 'modelling' is

I'd hire her out, and have a little fun with the McCanns that even Jeremy Beatle couldn't out do.

:eek::eek::D

In fairness if their holiday behaviour was anything to go by they paid her so little attention that it might just work. I do see rich type parents like the McCanns every day in shop or bank queues letting the kids run wild, in truth alot of run of the mill skangers are better parents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I was in the mall yesterday waiting to go in for a job interview... There was a woman walking around looking ever so slightly anxious... Next thing I know she's almost sprinting to the exit.

Turns out she had ''lost track'' of her little boy, whom was standing outside, at least I assume he was hers. He was no more than 4 years old... How the **** do you lose a kid?! That's some serious negligence there!

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Based on the activities of Maddys parents and the mother of the lookalike, I should have reported her parents to social services as a pre emptive measure.

Outta curiosity, what did they do to make them bad parents?

They left their children sleeping alone and headed out, rather than hiring a babysitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I was in the mall yesterday waiting to go in for a job interview... There was a woman walking around looking ever so slightly anxious... Next thing I know she's almost sprinting to the exit.

Turns out she had ''lost track'' of her little boy, whom was standing outside, at least I assume he was hers. He was no more than 4 years old... How the **** do you lose a kid?! That's some serious negligence there!

You'd be surprised, kids tend to wander.

BTW, the the hell is a 'mall'?

Outta curiosity, what did they do to make them bad parents?

Do you actually watch the news?

Bad parents are skangers who go down the pub in the afternoon and leave the six year old kid to play on the street with older local kids who may or may not look after them properly.

Downright awful parents are people who between them earn over 100 euro an hour who will not pay 11 an hour to a babysitter, and instead think its a good idea to leave a 3 year old in charge of two younger siblings in an unlocked apartment.

The McCanns fall into the second category, and really ought to be charged with, at the very least, manslaughter due to gross negligence. When people die in accidents on public transport or construction sites due to penny pinching negligence, owners are charged with corporate manslaughter. Assuming the McCanns didnt physically kill their child, they contributed to her death by failing to pay to maintain her safety. Why no charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

It suits them for the public to believe the children were left alone on the fateful night or nights, otherwise how would the bundleman have had the opportunity to take the child. I do not believe a word they say, if they had answered all the questions, no matter how difficult from the PJ then I would have at least felt that they co operated 100%. Its all a smokescreen and being labeled as bad parents is the lesser of two evils.

Dudess wrote: »
    They left their children sleeping alone and headed out, rather than hiring a babysitter.
    Thanks for the answer but I wasn't reffering to that.

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Do you actually watch the news?

*sighs*

I quoted the part where he said he should have reported the parents to social services, right after talking about the "lookalike".

Go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Do you know what i love?

The fact that her parents never called her Maddie.It's something the tabloids made up to save space so they can fit more badly-worded sentences on their front page:rolleyes:

Or maybe to make it seem like they "care" about her - "our Maddy/Maddie" etc.
    Similar story for James Bolger - his parents apparently didn't call him Jamie. It was the tabloids that decided to give him a kind of "pet" name.

• Advertisement

I've seen that happening countless times in my job.

Once a father came in with his 2 twins; 2 girls, probably no older than 5. They were both dressed as Supergirl and had gone into their movie. About 20 minutes in, one of the little girls strolls out and comes up to where both myself and another workmate are standing and goes over and plays. This goes on for about 10 minutes, and we are keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't walk anywhere else.

Eventually my workmate walks over, asks the little child where her father is (we recognised her from the costume and knew she had come in with him), she replies that he's still in the screen. So my workmate brings the girl back into her movie, finds the little girl's father and brings the girl back.

He didn't even realise she had walked out! She could've been gone for more than 10 minutes.

Oh, and another story. A small boy, maybe 6, walked out of his movie, down the escalator and nearly out the front door had our then-chief projectionist (who only happened to be there) asked the little child where his parents were. At which point he started crying (the projectionists wear plain clothes as they're never seen by customers) and sprinted up and back into their movie.

I've seen that happening countless times in my job.

Once a father came in with his 2 twins; 2 girls, probably no older than 5. They were both dressed as Supergirl and had gone into their movie. About 20 minutes in, one of the little girls strolls out and comes up to where both myself and another workmate are standing and goes over and plays. This goes on for about 10 minutes, and we are keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't walk anywhere else.

Eventually my workmate walks over, asks the little child where her father is (we recognised her from the costume and knew she had come in with him), she replies that he's still in the screen. So my workmate brings the girl back into her movie, finds the little girl's father and brings the girl back.

He didn't even realise she had walked out! She could've been gone for more than 10 minutes.

Oh, and another story. A small boy, maybe 6, walked out of his movie, down the escalator and nearly out the front door had our then-chief projectionist (who only happened to be there) asked the little child where his parents were. At which point he started crying (the projectionists wear plain clothes as they're never seen by customers) and sprinted up and back into their movie.

Is this in the HEadford Road cinema?

I take my hats off to the staff there as they seem very good with the kids. Once I took my little brother to see a movie but he got scared by something and belted outta the movie-room. I ran after him and found him being consoled by a member of staff.

I was working in Dunnes and was shocked by the amount of times little kids would appear next to me with big old smirks on their faces before some parent at the other end of the aisle/ end of the store would realize the kid wasnt with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Im gonna hire that girl, put some pale face paint on her, teach her to say 'Why did you kill me?' and let her loose in the McCann's front garden. Should be good fun.

Advertisement