Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"In adda wehds..."

Options
  • 11-01-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

A while ago, someone posted a link in this forum to a google video of a fairly young Austrian professor talking about credit booms and busts, economics and the like, and it was very relevant to the current housing situation.

All I can remember is that he kept saying "in other words" all the time with his heavy accent making it sound like "in adda wehds".

I've done searches here and on google using as many keywords as I can think of and I just can't find them again.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

I think i have that video your talking about on my home pc is he talking to students or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Yes that might be the one. It's like it was filmed on a camcorder and he's using powerpoint slides in his lecture. I don't believe it's copyrighted because I remember there was a whole series of them for people to view.

Even if you could just post his name so I can search for the post or videos myself, it would be great.

Thanks

:eek: 1,000th post :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Austrian Economics's Theory of Business Cycle's by Professor Krassimir Petrov
    I think the Austrian Bust (4 of 4) was the video linked.

Business Cycles, Part 0 of 4- Interest and Capital, Prof. Krassimir Petrov

Business Cycles, Part 1 of 4 - Introduction, Prof. Krassimir Petrov

Business Cycles, Part 2 of 4 - Business Cycle Indicators, Prof. Krassimir Petrov

BusinessCycles, Part 4 of 4 - The Austrian Bust, Prof. Krassimir Petrov

21 Evils of Inflation - Prof. Krassimir Petrov

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for. It's scary to see just how accurate this man seems to be. Thank you Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Devon wrote: »
    Perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for. It's scary to see just how accurate this man seems to be. Thank you Pa.
    Remember, this man is talking about markets in general, not specifically the housing market in Ireland. Anyone who makes the time to take notes from his lectures (just over 4 hours in total) will be able to apply the lessons to the housing bubble in Ireland and be able to predict with a reasonable degree of accuracy what happens next for that sector, of course they could also be applying that knowledge and making money elsewhere. ;)

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement