Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquarium Airpump 120 to 220/240V ??

Options
  • 11-01-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

hey all, not sure if this is the right forum but i'll give it a go.

I have a 120V rated airpump for aquariums (ELITE 801)(it was given as pressie by a well meaning relative who brought it from the US) and was wondering is it possible that this unit could be plugged or rewired for use in our 220/240V environment without the need for a step-down transformer?

Inside it uses a electromagnet to move another magnet (diff polarity??) which is attached by a lever to a diaphram.

thanks in advance
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No,

You will need a step-down transformer.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 M.C.

how they look like and where to get one? Couse I have one as well for 117V ~60Hz 4W

M.C. wrote: »
    how they look like and where to get one? Couse I have one as well for 117V ~60Hz 4W

This is what they look like:
    http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/step-down-transformer.html

I think Peats do them.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

so my 4W would be enough 100W cheapest one? thanks!

Yes it would.

-

• Advertisement

thanks for advise ;)

Advertisement