Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

world's smallest twin engine airplane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Someone pointed its edited with an rc plane. Thats not him doing the backflips, its an rc plane.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Hi Plug.
    It may be edited, but in the case of that particular plane it may not. It could actually be the real thing with yer man inside and all.
    There are RC models of the Cri Cri, but the fullsize Cri Cri is still a tiny plane.
    Take a look here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CriCri
    I have seen the modified Cri Cri which had two model jet turbines on the pods and a pilot sitting inside.
    Here it is ....
    o_CriCri.jpg

And here is a model of it ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qNJh_H3X0

Cri-cri has superior aerobatic performance; e.g., the one in the picture is capable of 1 roll a second.
    Maybe i was wrong:eek:

The airplane version of karting, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Very impressive to say the least. (Not one of the prettiest though!:p) I thought it was RC till the guy got into it. No ways I'll be getting into one of those...

• Advertisement

T-Maxx wrote: »
    .... I thought it was RC till the guy got into it. No ways I'll be getting into one of those...

It's not small at all ! See what can be done with one of these ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-66AcTo9TU

thats some going there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Yep, that is the full size.
    Note that a full size cri-cri was flown with RC a while ago at the "Ferté Alais" meeting, piloted by Mignet...
    The Cri-Cri, is the smallest twin engine airplane, but here is the smallest single engine...

bee+plane.jpg
    The Bee ! 2mtrs wingspan...

For the Cri-Cri, I was lucky enough to have an aerobaticdisplay team on Cri-Cri at my local airport. One of there thing, was to land on top of a Van :eek:
    They then modified them with 2 jet turbines (AMT Pegasus if I remember)

Yep, that is the full size.
    Note that a full size cri-cri was flown with RC a while ago at the "Ferté Alais" meeting, piloted by Mignet...
    The Cri-Cri, is the smallest twin engine airplane, but here is the smallest single engine...

bee+plane.jpg
    The Bee ! 2mtrs wingspan...

For the Cri-Cri, I was lucky enough to have an aerobaticdisplay team on Cri-Cri at my local airport. One of there thing, was to land on top of a Van :eek:
    They then modified them with 2 jet turbines (AMT Pegasus if I remember)
    Does this thing actuallt fly or do you roll around the backyard in it?:confused:
    :D

Advertisement