Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there actual signature mods on here?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Hey guys. Just wondering. Why is there a limit on sig size when picture postings can be generally any size (within reason of course!).

Because otherwise, I'd potentially add the same oversize jpeg to the mix 5,000 times, i.e. with every post I make...

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Thanks Roundy. Yeah that makes sense but is there no way to cap the overall size of the image so individuals can't break the rule by accident or design?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Post images? No, but a ruling can be made, and is worth considering. I know some mods have edited posts on their fora in the past.

Sig images? Yes. vBulletin can apply a maximum size to sig images. It hasn't been enforced as yet though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thanks Roundy. Yeah that makes sense but is there no way to cap the overall size of the image so individuals can't break the rule by accident or design?

I'm pretty sure that there is no way to detect the size of the image in between the tags. The only way would be to disabletags in sigs and force everyone to upload images for their sig. This would allow limiting the size and dimensions of the image.

Advertisement