Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to save €550 a month??

Options
  • 11-01-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I was lookiong on various websites but here all offering different products at different rates for different timescales which you can only withdrawn the money at certain times!!! My situation is thaat I want to set up a direct debt from my account to transfer €550 a month to an account with the highest interest available but allowing me to dip into this account as much as I want. I most likely will only use it four imes a year...a couple for holidays, tax and insurance on car and xmas (sorry for mentioning it already!!!). I was looking at maybe saving some in halifax as they are offering 7% interset for up yo €350 a month then maybe crdeit union the rest? Then again I was talking to a rep from permanent TSB who sed I could get up to 10% with them? They offer round 6% but sed its more like 10%. Any advice would be very welcomed!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

If you need instant access:

EBS - 7% - direct debit
    First Active - 7.15% - standing order

Both have a max contribution of €1000 pm

Bear in mind that rates are variable and AIB have just dropped their regular saver rates from 7.1% to something like 4% so don't be surprised if others follow.

The PTSB offering sounds like some sort of unit linked product which will only be suitable if you are prepared to take risk and are not planning to touch your money for several years

Advertisement