Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning! ATM Scimming in Galway...

Options
  • 11-01-2008 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Apologies if already posted but local news has warned Galwegians to be very vigilant when using ATM machines.

Make sure when entering you PIN# that you cover the keyboard with your other hand. There is a gang(s) currently placing camera's over ATM machines which records you entering your pin #. At the same time they get information from your card and along with the PIN#, they can then withdraw money from your account.

Apparently someone who tried to take away a scimming device from the ATM beside Super Valu at the Cresent and was confronted by a group who became aggressive. (I think the story was in one of this week's local newspapers). Best thing to do if notice something odd is to walk away and call the Gardai immediately

More information about the devices here and how to spot them http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054865036&highlight=atm+scam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Yeah I read that and got a bit freaked out because I use that ATM regularly! I'll be on the look out for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Last laughs on them, ive no money! :D

Seriously though, i'd love to give these cnuts a good kicking. Wish I was part of that group, nothing like a swift kick to the balls for them. Then grab the skimming gear and sell it on eBay! Just doing my bit to protect society....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Just doing my bit to protect society....

and get that leather recliner you've always wanted.

and get that leather recliner you've always wanted.

I never wanted a recliner. And leather is cold. You suck booooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

Leather adjusts to your body temperature quickly actually, I remember being at an ATM one day and I thought there was skimming gear on it so I tried to pull it off to the ammusement of my friends, nothing to do with all the Guiness, Buckfast and Whiskey of course.......spend the next week on the toilet though

• Advertisement

nonamemark wrote: »
    Leather adjusts to your body temperature quickly actually, I remember being at an ATM one day and I thought there was skimming gear on it so I tried to pull it off to the ammusement of my friends, nothing to do with all the Guiness, Buckfast and Whiskey of course.......spend the next week on the toilet though

Not quick enough for MY liking. Screw leather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

I wouldn't say that around Manowar.... :p

Advertisement