Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horrible names

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Believe it or not my husbands father was called Winston Earnest, his parents had great expectations for him apparently, but he ended up working as a ratter in London I kid you not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This list could go on forever, but here some really bad ones (imo):

BOYS:, Albert, Alfred, Ambrose (oh dear!), Arnold, Arthur (my sister considered that name for her son! :eek: thankfully she went with Aaron!), Ashley, Boris, Bruce, Byron, Cecil, Ceilinn, Christian, Clive, Clyde, Cyril, Darius, Dewey, Donald, Drake, Edwin, Fergus, Frank, Gerald, Godfrey, Godric, Gordon, Harold, Herbert, Horace, Humphrey, Jeremiah (was a bullfrog!), Lawrence, Malcolm, Maurice, Minty, Monty, Muiris, Naoise, Nicola (should NEVER be a boy's name!), Nigel, Norris, Oisin, Oscar, Oswald, Pius, Pronsias, Quentin, Roddy, Ronald, Rory, Samson, Stanley, St John (AWFUL! JUST AWFUL!), Trey, Troy, Wentworth, Wilfred, Wolfgang, Wulfric.

GIRLS: Alice, Attracta, Bertha (I've always found this name hilarious!), Beth, Bina (pronounced like vagina), Bonnie, Breda, Bridget, Candy, Cora (scobe!), Darlene, Dawn, Destiny, Donna (REALLY HATE THAT NAME), Dora, Ellie, Erica, Estelle, Fran (my aunt's name!), Gertrude, Grainne (sounds vulgar!), Gretchen, Helga, Henrietta, Iris, Jacintha, Jill, Joan, Kathleen, Linda (even though one of my best friends is called Linda!), Lucinda, Margot, Mary-Ann, Marianne, Minnie, Molly, Mona, Natasha (biggest scobe name EVER! Tasha from Knocka, boi!), Noeleen, Noreen, Philamena (another aunt's name!), Polly, Princess, Queenie (WTF??), Rhonda, Rory (bad enough for a boy...why would you give it to a GIRL?), Sheila, Shoshanna, Stella (yuck!), Sue, Terri, Toni, Una (ugh!), Verity, Wanda, Wilhilmina, Winnie (our school's music teacher! :D)

no offence to anyone with any of the above names!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

BOYS:, Albert, Alfred, Ambrose (oh dear!), Arnold, Arthur (my sister considered that name for her son! :eek: thankfully she went with Aaron!), Ashley, Boris, Bruce, Byron, Cecil, Ceilinn, Christian, Clive, Clyde, Cyril, Darius, Dewey, Donald, Drake, Edwin, Fergus, Frank, Gerald, Godfrey, Godric, Gordon, Harold, Herbert, Horace, Humphrey, Jeremiah (was a bullfrog!), Lawrence, Malcolm, Maurice, Minty, Monty, Muiris, Naoise, Nicola (should NEVER be a boy's name!), Nigel, Norris, Oisin, Oscar, Oswald, Pius, Pronsias, Quentin, Roddy, Ronald, Rory, Samson, Stanley, St John (AWFUL! JUST AWFUL!), Trey, Troy, Wentworth, Wilfred, Wolfgang, Wulfric.

GIRLS: Alice, Attracta, Bertha (I've always found this name hilarious!), Beth, Bina (pronounced like vagina), Bonnie, Breda, Bridget, Candy, Cora (scobe!), Darlene, Dawn, Destiny, Donna (REALLY HATE THAT NAME), Dora, Ellie, Erica, Estelle, Fran (my aunt's name!), Gertrude, Grainne (sounds vulgar!), Gretchen, Helga, Henrietta, Iris, Jacintha, Jill, Joan, Kathleen, Linda (even though one of my best friends is called Linda!), Lucinda, Margot, Mary-Ann, Marianne, Minnie, Molly, Mona, Natasha (biggest scobe name EVER! Tasha from Knocka, boi!), Noeleen, Noreen, Philamena (another aunt's name!), Polly, Princess, Queenie (WTF??), Rhonda, Rory (bad enough for a boy...why would you give it to a GIRL?), Sheila, Shoshanna, Stella (yuck!), Sue, Terri, Toni, Una (ugh!), Verity, Wanda, Wilhilmina, Winnie (our school's music teacher! :D)

no offence to anyone with any of the above names!!
    Did you go through a book of baby names to make that list?

I only ask because the names are in alphbetical order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Maeve FTW... not that I'm biased either!

You have the same name as my sister then, only she spells it the "right" way (according to her) - Méabh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Terry wrote:
    Did you go through a book of baby names to make that list?

I only ask because the names are in alphbetical order.

No, i just made it up as I went along! If I looked through a book, I probably would have found about 100 more bad names!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Originally Posted by square_igloo

BOYS:, Albert, Alfred, Ambrose (oh dear!), Arnold, Arthur (my sister considered that name for her son! thankfully she went with Aaron!), Ashley, Boris, Bruce, Byron, Cecil, Ceilinn, Christian, Clive, Clyde, Cyril, Darius, Dewey, Donald, Drake, Edwin, Fergus, Frank, Gerald, Godfrey, Godric, Gordon, Harold, Herbert, Horace, Humphrey, Jeremiah (was a bullfrog!), Lawrence, Malcolm, Maurice, Minty, Monty, Muiris, Naoise, Nicola (should NEVER be a boy's name!), Nigel, Norris, Oisin, Oscar, Oswald, Pius, Pronsias, Quentin, Roddy, Ronald, Rory, Samson, Stanley, St John (AWFUL! JUST AWFUL!), Trey, Troy, Wentworth, Wilfred, Wolfgang, Wulfric.

I am Nick, so leave Nicola alone. Plus all the Ns. My uncle is Maurice, so that is out of bounds as well. I like my music, so Wolfgang is dear to my heart. Arthur is nicer than Aaron. Samson had cool hair, so let him alone too. YOU BIG MEANIE :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Ulick, Godfrey and Siabhdh are awful imo. We had a teacher at school who used to refer to us as Master Murphy, Master O' Connor etc. Then in third year a new guy named Mick Bates joined the class and the fooking teacher continually referred to him as Master Bates :D - the poor chap was traumatized by the time he left school :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Squiggle wrote: »
    Ulick
    Ulick McGee would be a terrible affliction.

Someone mentioned Wolfgang: there's a Wolfgang Wolf who used to manage a German club called Wolfsburg, I kid you not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Wolf

Here are some of my least favourites: Fintan, Barney, Donald, Wilfred, Derek, Roy, Molly, Nancy, Nigel, Bridget, Kayleigh, Mavis, Vera, Rita (now I feel like I've gone through the entire cast of Coronation Street :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

The best two scanger baby names Ive ever heard are; Dolce and Gabana. I witnessed two kids (fcuked for life!!) being shouted at by there excuse of a scanger track suit wearing mother in Liffey Valley shopping cntr one saturday. Some people just shouldnt have children..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Orville - awful name
    Millicent - my grandmother's name
    Lorraine - my own name (horrid - surprised no one's mentioned it yet)
    Other horrible names:
    Ludmilla, Lyubov, Olga, Dagmar, Gertrude

• Advertisement

Alwyn - Should be a frog's name
    Olwyn - Should be a giraffe's name

I like the name Lorraine actually. You shouldn't hate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭goodgodholmes

mental07 wrote: »
    Here are some of my least favourites: Fintan, Barney, Donald, Wilfred, Derek, Roy, Molly, Nancy, Nigel, Bridget, Kayleigh, Mavis, Vera, Rita (now I feel like I've gone through the entire cast of Coronation Street :D )

As mentioned before, my name is Maeve, I've been inflicted with this god-awful moniker (Mavis, not Maeve) my entire life. I'd really rather it didn't exist!

embee, I beg to differ with the spelling :D although your sister spells it more legibly than most... Méadhbh? How's anyone supposed to guess that without previous knowledge?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Taught a kid called Colman a few years ago. there are two brothers in school at the moment called Arrowe and Emba. Emba just reminds me of Simba from the lion king. Toby is another silly name. As is Benjamin.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Initially posted this by mistake in the other name thread- Doh!

Seems like everyone has their own tastes when it comes to names but at least most are normal. Spare a thought for these poor bastards.

Kal-El (Nicholas Cage's son - Kal-El being Superman's Dad. Zod would have been a better choice)

Moon Unit, Dweezil and Diva Thin Muffin (two of Frank Zappa's kids)

Hopper ( Sean Penn's kid - probably conceived on an 80's table top frogger arcade machine)

Jermajesty (Jermaine Jackson's sprog - destined to be a royal butler with blocked sinuses)

Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee of My name is Earl - why pilot? should have just called it Vag instead)

Satchel (Spike Lee - they can call their next kid Tesco Bag or Trolley Shopping maybe)

There's tons more examples I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭gidget

Initially posted this by mistake in the other name thread- Doh!

Seems like everyone has their own tastes when it comes to names but at least most are normal. Spare a thought for these poor bastards.

Kal-El (Nicholas Cage's son - Kal-El being Superman's Dad. Zod would have been a better choice)

Moon Unit, Dweezil and Diva Thin Muffin (two of Frank Zappa's kids)

Hopper ( Sean Penn's kid - probably conceived on an 80's table top frogger arcade machine)

Jermajesty (Jermaine Jackson's sprog - destined to be a royal butler with blocked sinuses)

Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee of My name is Earl - why pilot? should have just called it Vag instead)

Satchel (Spike Lee - they can call their next kid Tesco Bag or Trolley Shopping maybe)

There's tons more examples I'm sure.

Don't forget Fifi Trixibelle/Peaches/Pixie & Tiger Lily!!

I'm not surprised Peaches is having issues with her father!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I always thought the name of the dog in Bosco was horrible, I mean who calls their dog Flaherty?

Other names i'd never name my child: Ignatius, Pubert, Sesel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

embee wrote: »
    The Yanks have to out-do us all on the terrible names front....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bob_Duggar

17 kids - all names start with the letter J :|

I posted a link to their homepage a few replies back - you've got to love discovery home and health thou for showing us this sort of thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The ultimate horrible American name: Todd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

fricatus wrote: »
    The ultimate horrible American name: Todd :D

Always reminds me of Father Todd Unctious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

Sorry for the double post..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I absolutely despise the name Rupert.

Hate names like Angel and stuff like that as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

As mentioned before, my name is Maeve, I've been inflicted with this god-awful moniker (Mavis, not Maeve) my entire life. I'd really rather it didn't exist!

embee, I beg to differ with the spelling :D although your sister spells it more legibly than most... Méadhbh? How's anyone supposed to guess that without previous knowledge?!

Maeve is a gorgeous name, woman!

My moniker is unfortunately the butt of many a bore - David (I fcuking HATE Dave) I like David though.

That said, I detest:

Nun names (cept 'Cepta who I nearly shifted in 1993 outside Cocos)
    Imelda (her mothers name)
    Emer
    Mary
    Joan
    Catherine/Catriona/Kat/Cat/Cath etc even Kylie
    Kelly
    Jacinta
    Tara
    Brenda (WTF)
    Yvonne/Bernadette/Geraldine (and anything vaguely 70s)
    Any skanger name (look at the 'charts' when the fcukers breed or drop and guess)
    Last names as first names
    Renata
    Roisin
    Linda
    Liz
    I like Susan/Susanne though

Gary
    Cormac
    Fionn(ain)
    All ****** Irish names male & female in fact except Aisling
    Neil
    Kenneth
    Robert
    Vincent
    Desmond
    John
    Paul
    Steven/Stephen
    Diarmuid
    Nicholas
    Liam William is okay, Willie is wanky
    Tony, especially Anto
    Raymond
    Pat
    Patsy
    Michael//Mike Mick is okay though

Loads more but there y'are

I have to ask.
    Why do people dislke Irish names?

I'd like to hear some good answers, not the 'oh, it's loike sooooo D4 to give your kids Irish names and I don't want to be like them cúnts' or 'I'm too kool ofr skool' type answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

In most cases they sound 'forced'.(really, I cannot be more clear than that in my case)
    I cannot put my finger on it bar saying it makes me literally puke to hear some woman/man in a public place bawl out some obfuscated, mishmashed idea of Irishness and then go buy HEAT! magazine and/or organic custard.

Eurgh.

Sorry if that has offended any boards mebers but really...except Maeve, now that is a cool name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Terry wrote: »
    I have to ask.
    Why do people dislke Irish names?

I'd like to hear some good answers, not the 'oh, it's loike sooooo D4 to give your kids Irish names and I don't want to be like them cúnts' or 'I'm too kool ofr skool' type answers.

I don't understand this either tbh. My whole family has Irish names - I don't dislike them at all (although there are some of them which don't have a nice "sound" iykwim, like Grainne or Saidbh). Can't understand why Irish people would have a problem with Irish names though - the French are very proud of their heritage and French names are the norm in France rather than the exception.

When I was expecting, I wanted to pick an Irish name but every single one I liked had been used in my family already, so I compromised and chose a Celtic name for my wee one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

richard

guy.. i knew a guy (see its not a name dammit) called guy who's surname rhymed with his first name.. sad

saidhbh. just dont like it.

names that are obv taken from celebrities.. blah ****e

someone i know was in an airport once and heard someone calling their twin boys "david" and "beckham" ok for the david on his own.. the beckham though. poor chap..!

zoe, never liked that name then met one that i now hate.. makes me hate it more

people who name their kids stuff like katie or benny.. theyre abreviations like.. really grinds my gears..

however, people who have some humour (that kent clark mentioned above and neville neville), and not just cruel (such as a girl i heard of called sunava [it has an irish spelling i dont know wat it is] hore...CRUEL) are ok in my books!!

ill think about this more though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

delah wrote: »
    Roisin

oh you're in the **** now so y'are :D

richard

guy.. i knew a guy (see its not a name dammit) called guy who's surname rhymed with his first name.. sad

saidhbh. just dont like it.

names that are obv taken from celebrities.. blah ****e

someone i know was in an airport once and heard someone calling their twin boys "david" and "beckham" ok for the david on his own.. the beckham though. poor chap..!

zoe, never liked that name then met one that i now hate.. makes me hate it more

people who name their kids stuff like katie or benny.. theyre abreviations like.. really grinds my gears..

however, people who have some humour (that kent clark mentioned above and neville neville), and not just cruel (such as a girl i heard of called sunava [it has an irish spelling i dont know wat it is] hore...CRUEL) are ok in my books!!

ill think about this more though!
    Hi.
    I'd like to introduce you to the letter "H".
    It is included in words such as "What" and "With".

/goes off to make a bebo page with the aim of introducing this letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

Mainly from growing up and hearing people's Ma's shouting their names:
    Jacintha
    Majella (sounds like something you stick on a rash)
    Naomi
    Sharon->pronounced Shar'in

Mainly from listening to how the d4 loike to talk about their Oirish friends loike:
    Fiacra
    Diarmuid
    Lorcán
    Bláthnaid
    Saoirse

Try living abroad in a non-english speaking country with a very Irish name...you'll get to hate it after a while :rolleyes:

as for
    Sadhbh I've nothing against the name, but every time I hear that name I can't but help think of jam... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

mental07 wrote: »
    Ulick McGee would be a terrible affliction.

Yeah sure would. Mind you there's a soft furnishings supplier in England called John Mycock - bet he's relieved his parents didn't call him Ulick ! Can you imagine introducing himself; " Hi, Ulick Mycock here - now what can I do for you " :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Squiggle wrote: »
    Yeah sure would. Mind you there's a soft furnishings supplier in England called John Mycock - bet he's relieved his parents didn't call him Ulick ! Can you imagine introducing himself; " Hi, Ulick Mycock here - now what can I do for you " :D
    Brilliant! Oh, and there's an English rugby player called Danny Grewcock

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

I seen a chap from Nigeria on TV one night, his name was Innocent. Just imagine a cop asking him his name and he replying “I’m Innocent”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

St John (AWFUL! JUST AWFUL!),

Theres another one similar to that, Saint Clair (a man's name too!!) pronounced Sinclair. ugh.

I'm struggling to attempt to pronounce some of the Irish names and my Irish is quite reasonable!
    "Siabhdh" looks almost impossible, theres not enough vowels, 7 letters and only one syllable aint easy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Melvin, god i hate it. I hate it so much ive changed it to Melvyn. Not sure why, i just prefer it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 happybee

What does everyone think is a really horrible name? personally I think Gobnait, (girls name) is awful.

oh hell yeah,its bloody awful.

So is "Dimple" and I've even come across a woman who called her baby "Pumpkin"......urgh..

oh oh oh.....and a girl I went to school had a name to rivel Gobnait........GRIZELDA!!! f**kin awful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Amy

it doesn't sound real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

What about those Yanks and Ozzies who call their daughters Colleen? Do they realise it stems from cailín? :D

There are American twins called Seán and John. :eek: Both are fine, but together? For twins? Identical twins? Of course, only Irish would have a problem with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Been living in the US, these are a few of the people who I know (not names you would normally hear in Ireland):

Jesus
    Ira
    Tanisha
    Queen
    Isaac
    LaTroy
    Joel
    Oscar
    Svava(from Iceland)
    Sherfan(Brazil)
    Leighton
    Hope
    Alvin
    Byung(Korea)
    Ingrid
    Wagner
    April
    Mimi
    Vera
    Joy
    Salvatore
    Jiro(Japan)
    Wilson
    Lax
    Demonse
    Felicia
    Earl
    Melodie
    Chip
    Chet
    Chad
    Guido
    Marilyn
    Snow
    Greisy(pronounce Gracy)
    Humberto
    Laetitia
    Dawn
    Nichelle
    Lori
    Rhonda
    Brett
    Nana
    Renzo
    Sheba
    Leigh
    Pepper
    Silvia
    Heidi
    Dyneka
    Delphine
    Hans
    Erin
    Soy
    Penny
    Irma
    Esther
    Yves
    Rashidi
    Gina
    Kari
    Nelson
    Kwame
    Carmen
    Elci
    Fausto
    Leonardo
    Ming
    Ping
    Bing

Yes I do know a Ming, a Ping and a Bing... all from China.

I could go on all day about people who I work with from India e.g. Dheeraj, Srinivasa, Vijaya, Napi, Biswaroop & Ram but it's pretty much pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭goodgodholmes

FatherTed wrote: »
    Been living in the US, these are a few of the people who I know (not names you would normally hear in Ireland):

Erin

LOL. Not in Ireland eh? Erin is my sister's name... I think it's nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Slow coach wrote: »
    What about those Yanks and Ozzies who call their daughters Colleen? Do they realise it stems from cailín? :D

There are American twins called Seán and John. :eek: Both are fine, but together? For twins? Identical twins? Of course, only Irish would have a problem with that.

They probably don't know Sean is the Irish version of John. I know two sets of (Irish) twins called Joanne and Siobhan. And a set called Eric and Erica but that's going off topic.

RadioCity wrote: »
    I'm struggling to attempt to pronounce some of the Irish names and my Irish is quite reasonable!
    "Siabhdh" looks almost impossible, theres not enough vowels, 7 letters and only one syllable aint easy!

It's pronounced Sive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ira

I can think of a very good reason why no parent in this country would want to, ahem, claim responsibility for giving a child that name!

Jesus
    Ira
    Tanisha
    Queen
    Isaac
    LaTroy
    Joel
    Oscar
    Svava(from Iceland)
    Sherfan(Brazil)
    Leighton
    Hope
    Alvin
    Byung(Korea)
    Ingrid
    Wagner
    April
    Mimi
    Vera
    Joy
    Salvatore
    Jiro(Japan)
    Wilson
    Lax
    Demonse
    Felicia
    Earl
    Melodie
    Chip
    Chet
    Chad
    Guido
    Marilyn
    Snow
    Greisy(pronounce Gracy)
    Humberto
    Laetitia
    Dawn
    Nichelle
    Lori
    Rhonda
    Brett
    Nana
    Renzo
    Sheba
    Leigh
    Pepper
    Silvia
    Heidi
    Dyneka
    Delphine
    Hans
    Erin
    Soy
    Penny
    Irma
    Esther
    Yves
    Rashidi
    Gina
    Kari
    Nelson
    Kwame
    Carmen
    Elci
    Fausto
    Leonardo
    Ming
    Ping
    Bing

Yes I do know a Ming, a Ping and a Bing... all from China.

I could go on all day about people who I work with from India e.g. Dheeraj, Srinivasa, Vijaya, Napi, Biswaroop & Ram but it's pretty much pointless.
    A lot of those names would be foreign to both Ireland and America.
    Some are just plain stupid though.

They probably don't know Sean is the Irish version of John. I know two sets of (Irish) twins called Joanne and Siobhan. And a set called Eric and Erica but that's going off topic..

I know triplets named Michael, Michelle and Michaela.

Edit: Does anyone know a Tyrone?
    Common among black people in America after the actor Tyrone Power.
    He apparently did a lot of work for civil rights in the 1930's or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Dorcas... not too difficult now was it?

The principal of an orphanage school I taught in in Kenya was called Dorkus. No word of lie. Dorkus Malorkus. Ok, I made that last part up, but her first name was Dorkus. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I once had a lecturer in the states called Randy Lump, the yanks didn't understand why this was so hilarious to me. I sat in on his class the first day and when he said his name I burst out laughing which was met with total silence. I just got up and left still in hysterics.

Guys names that are terrible

Percy
    Godfrey
    Lorcan
    Nigel
    Wayne
    Damien
    Terence
    Cory
    Gardner
    Bruce
    Gabriel

Girls names that are terrible
    Jacinta
    Stacey
    Shania
    Shakira (I know a girl with this name)
    Jenny
    Claire
    Mary
    Molly
    Tina
    Gemma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Clive and Dougal are bloody awful. Ian is an average one.

RonMexico wrote: »
    I once had a lecturer in the states called Randy Lump, the yanks didn't understand why this was so hilarious to me. I sat in on his class the first day and when he said his name I burst out laughing which was met with total silence. I just got up and left still in hysterics.

Guys names that are terrible

Percy
    Godfrey
    Lorcan
    Nigel
    Wayne
    Damien
    Terence
    Cory
    Gardner
    Bruce
    Gabriel

Girls names that are terrible
    Jacinta
    Stacey
    Shania
    Shakira (I know a girl with this name)
    Jenny
    Claire
    Mary
    Molly
    Tina
    Gemma
    Your name wouldn't be Ronald, by any chance?

I know of a pornstar whose first name is tits

I know of a pornstar whose first name is tits
    I know of a lot of porn stars whose second names are "Lynn".
    future parents take note.

I know of a lot of porn stars whose second names are "Lynn".
    future parents take note.

true. a lot of my friends have watched 'pornographic videos' and can confirm this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Your name wouldn't be Ronald, by any chance?

No sorry. Ron Mexico is the nickname of American footbal whackjob Michael Vick

Advertisement