Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steelers fans?

• 11-01-2008 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Any Pittsburgh Steelers fans here?
    I cant believe the Jags beat them this year......they have such a good squad.
    And just for the record,the Steel Curtain defense kicks the Cowboys defence all over the shop!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Jags are a far better team. Steelers lack depth at RB, Roethlisberger is overrated because whenever they need him to win games (meaning he throws more than 25 times) they lose. They score a lot off PA fakes, with no running threat teams know Big Ben's throwing and they eat him up. O-line is getting old and they need some depth at DB and WR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Well first off,Willie Parker is an A level running back,Big Ben is an outstanding quarterback.....he has a strong arm,good leadership,hes one of the premier scramblers barring Mick Vick,and he is probably THE toughest quarterback to take down because of his size (hence the nickname Big Ben).
    And as for your DB arguement,have you ever heard of "The Flyin' Hawaiin" Troy Polumalu?In case you havent,he is argueably THE best Strong safety in the league,
    And also, at the Cornerback position they have Ike Taylor and Deshea Townsend.....Therefore,you'r arguement is obsolete....thanks for letting me own you.;);)

You clearly don't watch the Steelers very much. Why do the Steelers limit Ben's throws? Because he throws INTs when he doesn't have a running game to support him and because teams are much more fearful of Willie Parker. Roethlisberger difficult to bring down? Perhaps but Jets beat them by making him roll right because he couldn't make his throws on that side, Jacksonville did same and he threw ints again. Scrambling QBs don't win games, Vick is proof of that.
    Do you know what depth means? It means your backups are good players. Polamalu was injured a lot and Anthony Smith was hardly a quality player was he. Although he did do a good job of watching the ball go over his head.
    If you're going to make points here at least know what you're talking about.
    "Own me"? As misinformed as Smith's guarantee that they'd beat New England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

i am for of a eagles and raiders fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The popcorn is out hehe dont you love when someone thinks they have just owned someone then gets owned back. genius

• Advertisement

Well now,yes i am entirely famiiar with the Depth Chart system and positional depth.
    And let me clear one issue,the only thing that Mick Vick is proof of is that players who spend all their time suspended dont win games.
    Now my man,lets take a look at some facts about Big Bens 07 season.
    He had 32 touchdown passes,which,as far as i know,is second only to Tom Brady,who was named the MVP this year.
    He threw 11 INTs,which is hardly the worst in the league.(Brady had 8 or 9 o think.)
    As far as i know he had about 3,050 yards in passing.
    And he had the second highest passer rating in the NFL with a rating of 104.1/2.
    And also,he recorded a perfect passer rating this year vs The Saint Louis Rams.
    And with this "Rolling right" arguement,have you considered the fact that the right side is the weak side of the O-line.
    Now this is off topic but if you want to talk about it further make a new thread and notify me.

You made points, sent me a cocky pm about it and now want to create a new thread about it because your points were rubbish?seems to me you can't take the fact that you can't back up your argument.
    As for rolling right, when a QB rolls right he doesn't have the oline protecting him any longer so that point is useless.
    Quarterback rating isn't a good way of showing how well a QB plays because it's entirely dependent on the system being used - a lot of better columnists don't rely on it. Teams using what is incorrectly but usually called the West Coast offence have QBs with a high QB rating. They're not necessarily great QBs. If a QB doesn't throw very much the statistics are skewed, particularly when a lot of the passing attempts come off play action fakes. So the best way of judging his performance is when he doesn't have that option so I'll give you a quote of his after the game against the Jaguars:
    "Nobody should blame (anyone) other than me," Roethlisberger said. "I take the heat. I dug us a hole. We got out of the hole a little bit, but it was too deep. I'm ashamed of the way I played today."
    Have a look at these stats about when he has to throw:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5536

As for scrambling, the Falcons lost every game last season where Vick was their leading rusher. Scrambling QBs don't win games

For what it's worth I like the Steelers, I think Tomlin did a good job but I don't think they used Cedrick Wilson enough this year. My points still stand though: they need to upgrade the o-line and add more depth at the secondary. Another difference maker at WR would be helpful too.

Well first off,
    When a QB rolls out he still need his O-line to protect him from potential blindsiders.
    And also,i asked you to make a new thread as this is off-topic and the arguement would still be going on,in a different thread,which would be on-topic and still be free to view by any member of Boards,so im asuming youre supremely stupid.
    And also,you reffer to the Jacksonville game,yes my man that was 1 game,keyword being 1.
    And the QB rating system may be flawed,yet you seem to ignore the fact that Ben's touchdown count was second only to Brady who is possibly the premier QB at the moment.So you seem to pick and choose what you want to mention.
    Now if theres anything else a new thread would be handy,so as we both dont get in trouble because of your blatent ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

And also,you reffer to the Jacksonville game,yes my man that was 1 game, keyword being 1

I think the keyword is play-off. Whats the point in being 2nd in TD's in the regular season when you **** up when it counts in the play-offs?

The thing is my man,everyone has bad days,that was one of the steelers worse days.

• Advertisement

You posted Jaguars were worse than Steelers and I responded. Then you had a go at me. You took thread "off-topic" by doing so, don't know why. To call me supremely stupid for responding to your ill-informed rant after that is more of a reflection on you than me. My blatant (that's how you spell it by the way) ignorance is obviously caused by the fact I'm a qualified coach, qualified referee, play the game and have played for Ireland. But hey what would I know, we'll wait and see what the Steelers do in the draft and free agency.

I've been told by another poster here that you're 16, you should join an IAFL team and play the sport. Don't just watch it on TV. At least you're passionate

Yes i am 16....and i dont see what bearing that has on this topic.
    And yes,you did make a good comment when you said they need more depth at WR...they have Hines Ward who has very soft hands,and Santonio Holmes,who gets the job done,but after that they reallydont have any receivers who can be effective go-to men.
    And yes im also looking forward to what they will do in the draft and free agency,and the off-season too in fact.
    The drawback is that they have guys liable for Retirement this year or next year,which would sting as some of they're bestplayers are nearing the endof theyre NFL days.
    Now as far as i'm concerned,this arguement is over,we both made some valid points and had a go so now we should end the arguing and talk about something civil like Giants Cowboys :D
    (My moneys on Cowboys)

jdivision wrote: »
    You posted Jaguars were worse than Steelers and I responded. Then you had a go at me. You took thread "off-topic" by doing so, don't know why. To call me supremely stupid for responding to your ill-informed rant after that is more of a reflection on you than me. My blatant (that's how you spell it by the way) ignorance is obviously caused by the fact I'm a qualified coach, qualified referee, play the game and have played for Ireland. But hey what would I know, we'll wait and see what the Steelers do in the draft and free agency.

I've been told by another poster here that you're 16, you should join an IAFL team and play the sport. Don't just watch it on TV. At least you're passionate
    ive never heard of a ireland team and i am big into the sport,and give us proof that your qualified to be a coach.there is no point of ranting on if you cant back it up

I just looked it up and Blatant is the correct spelling.;)

ive never heard of a ireland team and i am big into the sport,and give us proof that your qualified to be a coach.there is no point of ranting on if you cant back it up

http://www.iafl.info

http://www.iafs.co.uk

http://www.americanfootball.ie

http://www.tallaghtoutlaws.com My Team :)

What because you havent heard of something it doesnt exist geeezzz :) lol Come give it a try dude you love the sport give it a go its outstanding to play.

thanks,i never new and i never said it did not exist

I was in the first class of coaches that graduated here about seven months ago. BAFL level one. Vikings on this was at it too.

thanks,i never new and i never said it did not exist

I was joking lol me and you dont need to argue lets leave the 2 boys to finish off im enjoying this hehehe

Yes i am 16....and i dont see what bearing that has on this topic.
    When you're 16 you can play full contact in the IAFL, younger than that and you can't. Next year, you won't be allowed play unless you're 17 and year after you'll have to be 18. They're trying to set up a 16-18 year old league eventually.

I was joking lol me and you dont need to argue lets leave the 2 boys to finish off im enjoying this hehehe
    yes,it is quite enjoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'm a Steelers fan. Up watching the Jags - Pats game now thinking of what might have been. I really thought this was our year, Najeh Davenport had been playing particularly well. But yeah I think the Jaguars had the edge in fitness and stamina, it showed toward the end.
    Still, maybe next year...

Theres always a next year;)
    And i think we're done now Outlaws:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Well first off,Willie Parker is an A level running back,Big Ben is an outstanding quarterback.....he has a strong arm,good leadership,hes one of the premier scramblers barring Mick Vick,and he is probably THE toughest quarterback to take down because of his size (hence the nickname Big Ben).
    And as for your DB arguement,have you ever heard of "The Flyin' Hawaiin" Troy Polumalu?In case you havent,he is argueably THE best Strong safety in the league,
    And also, at the Cornerback position they have Ike Taylor and Deshea Townsend.....Therefore,you'r arguement is obsolete....thanks for letting me own you.;);)

Jeez, this Steelers team sounds unstoppable! I just hope they dont meet the Pats this year as we might lose our perfect season. They'd be guaranteed to win I'd say judging this post!

Is this sarcasm i smell??:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Is this sarcasm i smell??:eek::D

aabf18_sarcasm_detector.jpg

its off the scale!!

How awful:eek:
    LOL!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

this comment coming from a Jags fan....

Steelers Suck!!!! hahaha

but seriously it was a damn good match.that comeback had me scared for a while but we had what it takes to pull it out of the bag.too bad we couldnt do the same against the Pats.

ah well.....roll on next year and a hopeful challenge of the Colts for the AFC South crown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm a qualified coach, qualified referee, play the game and have played for Ireland.

Hey BigBen, you should register here: http://www.iafs.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=23 and contact the user named Flea, he is in the process of setting up a team down in Wexford/surrounding areas if you are interested in playing.

Oh and I can back up the above... in fact, i've done all of the above too :D

Hehe,if theres gonna be team that close to wexford i'll definately be interested :cool:
    Sound thanks.

• Advertisement

Vikings wrote: »
    Hey BigBen, you should register here: http://www.iafs.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=23 and contact the user named Flea, he is in the process of setting up a team down in Wexford/surrounding areas if you are interested in playing.

Are you playing for the Outlaws this year Barry?

Im not anymore no... my agent got me a deal with the DC Rhino's so will be playing there for the forseeable future :D

That is of course until success and fame lead me on to more lucractive deals.

:) So have Rhinos taken a few Outlaws? Gonna be competitive in Dublin this year. we've got a few rookies with potential with the Saints this year.

Hey Vikings cheers ive just contacted Flea and its sounding pretty good so far....
    I think i just have to sort out transport and we're flyin.

:) So have Rhinos taken a few Outlaws? Gonna be competitive in Dublin this year. we've got a few rookies with potential with the Saints this year.

Sort of, yeah. Well... more the Mustangs that we tried to get going didn't happen and we were trying to decide what team to go back to, seeing as we were all ex-Dragons and ex-Outlaws it was a toss up between the Rhinos (mostly ex-Dragons) and the Outlaws. The Rhinos were the better fit so thats were we'll play.

Yeah it should be good alright, can't wait to get into it now just waiting for April 6th to roll around and we're up to Carrickfergus for our opener.
    Hey Vikings cheers ive just contacted Flea and its sounding pretty good so far....
    I think i just have to sort out transport and we're flyin.

Good stuff, one of the lads should be able to sort you out with a lift im sure... flea should be able to help out with that too.

Oh well if some of they guys could givus a lift itd be brilliant cos the bus/train timetables are a bit crappy on a sunday:p
    Thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement