Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppening narration?

Options
  • 11-01-2008 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

[opening narration for episodes: Safe, Ariel, War Stories, Heart of Gold]
    Mal: Here's how it is: The Earth got used up, so we moved out and terraformed a whole new galaxy of Earths. Some rich and flush with the new technologies, some not so much. The Central Planets, thems formed the Alliance, waged war to bring everyone under their rule; a few idiots tried to fight it, among them myself. I'm Malcolm Reynolds, captain of Serenity. She's a transport ship; Firefly class. Got a good crew: fighters, pilot, mechanic. We even picked up a preacher for some reason, and a bona fide companion. There's a doctor, too, took his genius sister outta some Alliance camp, so they're keepin' a low profile. You understand. You got a job, we can do it, don't much care what it is.

[opening narration for episodes: Out of Gas and Shindig]
    Mal: Here's how it is: Earth got used up, so we terraformed a whole new galaxy of Earths, some rich and flush with the new technologies, some, not so much. Central Planets, them as formed The Alliance, waged war to bring everyone under their rule. A few idiots tried to fight it, among them, myself. I'm Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity. Got a good crew: fighters, pilot, mechanic. We even picked up a preacher and a bona fide companion. There's a doctor, too. Took his genius sister outta some Alliance camp, so they're keeping a low profile. You got a job, we can do it, don't much care what it is.

Did the orginal firefly that aired on FOX have an opening narration? - no wait some of the episodes listed where not aired on fox and DVD only

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

I'm not sure if they aired on all the episodes but definitely the earlier ones. Fox insisted on it but Joss didn't like it. Hence why its not on the DVD.

There was another opening narration that Book did. I have it saved somewhere. I'll go searching later

Ok sorry for the delay and the double post.

I found Books Opening Narration. Here you go.

After the earth was used up
    we found a new solar system
    and hundreds of earths were terraformed and colonized.
    The central planets formed the Alliance and decided
    all the planets had to join in under their rule.
    There was . . . some disagreement on that point.
    After the war, many of the Independents who had fought and lost
    drifted to the edges of the system, far from Alliance control.
    Out here people struggle to get by with the most basic technologies.
    A ship would bring you work, a gun would help you keep it.
    A captain's goal was simple:
    find a crew,
    find a job,
    keep flying."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Any Audio links to any of these? Book was a great charactor, reminded me of Gareck the tailor from DS9.

I still havent decided on who my fav charactor is no matter how many times i see the series/movie i still dont haave a fav

I don't have any Audio Links.

Advertisement