Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marion Jones gets 6 months

• 11-01-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭

Well, whaddya think? I'm guessing she eats porridge mostly for the fraud aspect (check fraud) of her crimes, and not the cheating at track.

Beeb story

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

The second i layed eyes on that woman (and i use that term loosley) years back i was pretty certain she was on sorts of drugs that would put Michelle Smith to shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Delighted.

Went in to it with her eyes wide open, took all the dosh and the glory, lied through her designer teeth and cried like a baby in the hope of a soft sentence when caught.

This is a good day for sport and we need more of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

King Kelly wrote: »
    This is a good day for sport and we need more of them.

Well, thats an interesting statement, in one sence you're right, hopefully this will shock athletes who are considering taking drugs that there are serious consequences to it. But in the whole, its another setback of athletes, If you ask any non athletics person on the street to name a famous female sprinter, the odds are that the only one they'll know is Marion Jones. The tour de france is considered a complete joke, and with more storys as such from athletics the Olympics will be looked at similarly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

to be honest this coming olympics is the one i've looked forward to least with so many cheats. wouldnt for a second paint all athletes with the one brush, but there are enough cheats to ruin their sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

no unsubstantiated accusations please or there will be bans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement