Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help for conclusion of my Legal Science Casenote

• 11-01-2008 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭

I had to do a legal science case note on O'Reilly v Limerick Corportation 1989.

Problem is I can't get the conclusion done.

with mod's permission, would it be ok if I posted up my case note in case anyone's able to give me a hand.

I've hit complete writers block for the conclusion, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Any help at all?

I'm fairly deperate here.

Havnt a clue how to finish off the essay.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Apologies, I've not had time to get back to you. I will though. What's the deadline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

aren't there rules in your institution about plagiarism/original work? if we write the conclusion for you won't we be helping you violate those rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

gabhain7 wrote: »
    aren't there rules in your institution about plagiarism/original work? if we write the conclusion for you won't we be helping you violate those rules.

Nono, I mean just how to write a conclusion for a case note in general.
    Any guidelines would be very appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

1. Set out the facts
    2. Summarise arguments of defendant
    3. Summarise arguments of plaintiff
    4. Summarise judgment and law applied
    5. Set out how this is an important case / changes the previous position in relation to the subject matter

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

and also the future cases which haevily relied upon the o'reilly case. eg td & sinnott cases. look at the massive change of attitude of the supreme courts in relation to unenumerated rights since o'reilly particularily ones in relation to socio economic rights contained (implied by courts) in articles 40-44.

out of interest, that case is an unreported case, where can you get a full text of that judgement. i have been trying the net for ages.

Charleton J in Doherty is a 2007 case on similar issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

another issue to conclude, costello j was the judge in the o'reilly case. however in the unreported case of o'brien v bray udc 1995, (similar enough) his views that he held in o'reilly change might be worth looking at.

maybe come from the angle of whether the court are happy or not happy about been prevented from intervening into the powers of the executive and or legislative where the legislative and or executive are clearly not doing their jobs in looking after society's resources etc.

Yeah I think so too, although the SC have baulked at the thoughts of change, in re. Sinnott.

There is no right without a remedy? Ubi jus ibi remedium

Really! ?

Advertisement