Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time to repeat??

Options
  • 11-01-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hey, i'm in second year of college studying dietetics, its alright but i really can't see myself enjoying the job. I know this sounds totally mad but is there time to repeat the leaving cert this year?? I've always wanted to be a vet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

sounds a bit naive in my opinion (no offence) How long is your degree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lostinthought

its 4 and a half years, so i still have 3 years left.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

ooh...
    man. I wouldnt do it. I seriously wouldnt. Depends, how were you as a 6th year student? plus you'd want to register on the CAO etc etc fairly lively.
    AND , register in general for the leaving and the subjects you are taking. yikes man..
    A friend of mine is repeating this year and she absolutely hates it. its gotta be tough. Having said all that, depends how much you dislike your present course and how much you want to be a vet. Surely there are ways through an IT , or PLC courses without repeating the hellish leaving cert. Good luck ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

There's lots of people in the Institute repeating that are in their twentys! At the end of the day you're going to be working in your chosen career for most of your life so you should really be doing what you want!!

thanks guys, the reason i didn't repeat in the first place is because it does seem very tough to do especially when i only missed out by like 10 points. And the reason i was considering doing it in the next few months is so another year isn't wasted.
    My present course is alright and i do love all the things i get to do outside of the course but i guess i just really want to love my course and the job it leads to!! Why is life so complicated!!

• Advertisement

daggy i really hope it all works out for your friend and she gets what she wants :)

Advertisement