Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen Gamer strangles Father

Options
  • 11-01-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

An 18-year-old was arrested this week after trying to kill his father by strangling him with the cable of his videoconsole gamepad.

Source

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Are video games being touted as the cause of this persons mental fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

ive been saying this for years wired controllers are "DANGEROUS"

wireless only for great justice!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

sigh.... That could be "Teen metallica fan/democrat/wrestling fan/heterosexual strangles father"... Its nothing to do with games. I personally prefer kettle leads to tie people up with, they're less fiddly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

SDooM wrote: »
    sigh.... That could be "Teen metallica fan/democrat/wrestling fan/heterosexual strangles father"... Its nothing to do with games. I personally prefer kettle leads to tie people up with, they're less fiddly.

And thicker, so the don't leave such obvious bruises.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This would've been classic if he'd been playing Manhunt 2 on Wii.

And by classic I mean "would've provoked the biggest media-backlash sh*tstorm in years".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'd love to see

"Chronic masterbater strangles father with **** hand" wonder what type of backlash that would have.

By love to see, I mean the headline, not the actual act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I thought the picture that accompanied the article was hilarious (in a reefer-madness kind of way)

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/01/wii-gameover.jpg

Dying to know what game he was playing when he lost his progress my money is on cod4 on hard - that ****ing sniper level I tells ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »

gg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

he must of got really pissed to do somethink like that.its not every day you hear something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

probably got fragged by some noob halo player, that would make anyone do extreme things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

And how much would ye bet that the fact that he was playing a game will be blamed as the cause rather than the fact that he was mentally retarded?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

damn right .. if my dad tried to get my wireless xbox 360 pad I would strangle him with the cord as well ... wait ... damn it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Another argument for quicksaves anywhere - saves lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The Wii remote and Nunchuk make a good garotte i've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

I knew the Wii was evil!
    Lol.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Gamers don't kill people, game controllers do

Advertisement