Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - ideal boiler prob

Options
  • 11-01-2008 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Folks

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as my head is wrecked....

Ideal gas boiler. Not firing and when it does it only stays lit for a few mins. This is all on setting 6 as advised on the unit.

Seemed to resolve last night when I played around with it and the hot water thermo. Set it at 60 and then finally got the boiler to fire at setting 4.

However since coming home today it aint playing again. Have tried it a few times and when it does fire it (not always) it is going out again quickly.

It was serviced a few months back. is there anything that would be a quick fix for do I need a pro out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

You should get it serviced again ,or call back the person who serviced it.

Sometimes it can be hard to service all the parts of an ideal boiler ,if the boiler isn't serviced anually. The screws can weld tight.

Maybe the guy couldn't fully service all the parts ,because of this.

Advertisement