Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best approach for setting photos to music??

Options
  • 11-01-2008 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    New to this forum, but was hoping sombody on here could point me in the right direction.

I'm no expert (technically or artistically) but here's what I'm trying to do...

I'm looking to put a 10-15 min slideshow/presentation together. Basically, I want to be able to show about 60 family photos (ranging from 2MP to 7MP resolution) as a slideshow, but set to music and with some titles dropped in at various stages.

It's a present for a family member who's emigrating to Oz, so I'd love to be save the whole thing onto CD/DVD so they can take it with them.

I have Pinnacle Studio 9.4, MS Movie Maker and various photo editing software, but nothing seems suitable. Movie Maker comes closest to what I'm looking for (simple & easy to use, can add music & titles) but the pix resolution is rubbish (pix are blurred when viewed in full screen).

Any ideas on how best to proceed (preferably without paying for new software!)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'd have said Windows Movies Maker. Are all of the photographs blurred or only some? What are the dimensions/resolutions? (Filesize doesn't indicate too much.) Are they blurred on output(i.e. have you tested a CD/DVD?) or just the preview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Looks like all photo are blurred... although haven't saved to CD/DVD (so could be just preview causing this). Will save to CD & see hwo it looks- thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Do the job right so use the right tools.
    ProShow Gold
    http://www.photodex.com

But if thats just too much cash then your best bet is with Studio9. Go to page 149 and have a read about working with still images.
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/WebVideo/Studio%20version%209/English(US)/doc/Studio_e.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Sebzy - thanks for the advice. I followed those instructions on the Pinnacle manual you sent & they were great for the slideshow effect I was after. Easy to do, retained full picture quality & let me add titles & effects. Easy to do the soundediting too.

Thanks a million.

Advertisement