Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shopping in Andorra?

• 11-01-2008 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

I am going to Pas de la Casa in February. Although I wasn't really planning any shopping, the tax-free status of Andorra is a bit of a temptation.

Have any of you have any experience in regards to buyings electronics in that country?

Is it really cheaper than what you can get online?

Is it fix price or you need to enter into an arab-style negotiation practise?

Is Andorra La Vella the place for shopping or you can find similar stuff and prices in any of the resports?

Thanks,
    Gustavo

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I certainly managed to get a camera there a few years ago for quite a bit less than I would have online from here. Most of the shops are selling exactly the same stuff for pretty much the same price though but I think I found about a €50 difference in the price for the model I was looking for between two of the shops. The memory cards were a bit cheaper then than prices I had been seeing online at the time as well but I doubt that would still be the case.

I've not been to the capital though but all of the resorts are much the same in the range of the shops and what they are selling, just with more of them in Pas than any of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Cheers Robin!
    Nice overview.

Advertisement