Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do some plants prefer artificial light?

Options
  • 11-01-2008 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭

Strange question here. I bought a new houseplant and where I positioned it, its right in front of a window, and right beside a lamp which is on most nights.
    I've noticed that unlike all the other plants in the house, this one is not growing towards the sunlight, but is growing towards the lamp instead.
    I've turned it a few times, but it keeps leaning back to the lamp, and when I put it on the window sill, it started to look quite sick. Two days back in its home, and its healthy again, and back to leaning at the lamp.
    Would it be the combination of heat and light? I didn't think plants paid too much attention to artificial light though!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It could be a shade loving plant, they are some varieties that grow mainly on the shaded forest floor. I'm just guessing here though!

Advertisement