Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy MP5

Options
  • 11-01-2008 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I purchased a Galaxy Mp5 today, i brought it home and charged the battery for a short while, it fired one shot and went dead, i charged the battery again and it wouldnt work in the gun, I put it in my friends gun and it worked fine. the Mp5 dosent even make a sound, Anyone might know whats wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Could be a blown fuse. Follow the battery connector back a bit and you'll find the fuse casing, pop it open and see if it's still connecting (it's glass so you can see clearly if the wire in the center of it is broken or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

Do I have to take off the body to get to the whole fuse box?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

just the front handle where you connect the battery terminals. theres a little black capsule looking thing and it clips open to reveal the fuse inside, the real issue is why the fuse has blown if it has done, .,

Ya the fuse did blow, I will replace it with a higher Amp one maybe 30amp instead of 20amp, what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Popanddrop wrote: »
    Ya the fuse did blow, I will replace it with a higher Amp one maybe 30amp instead of 20amp, what do you think?

Just be careful that you didnt damage the wiring when you were installing the battery. It's very tight. May have caused the fuse to blow...?
    I just put a new battery into my mp5k this evening and I was half expecting to do damage it was so tight. Works perfect tho:)
    spray and pray tomorrow!:D

• Advertisement

try it out and see what happens, it might just have been a bogey fuse but if it does it again then theres something more complicated wrong with it.,
    Just be careful that you didnt damage the wiring when you were installing the battery. It's very tight. May have caused the fuse to blow...?
    I just put a new battery into my mp5k this evening and I was half expecting to do damage it was so tight. Works perfect tho
    spray and pray tomorrow!

Yeah isnt it terrible the way they designed them, I hated trying to get the battery in mine so i never really use it now.,lol.,:D

I took out another fuse from a CYMA Ak-74 it was the same amp but nearly blew, so i think a higher amp would be best, the wires are perfect no damage, i checked, if you find taking the battery out hard then just leave it in and take off the front grip instead.:)

Don't put a higher ampage fuse in. It's blowing for a reason and the fuse is there to stop something more catastophic from happening. If you put in a higher current fuse you run the risk of frying the motor and/or cables. I'd say have it looked at first. Break it down yourself if you can, see if any cables are touching, frayed ends, bad earths etc.

But how would a higher amp fry the motor and fuse is there to stop over charges it dosent matter what one it is?

the fuse is designed to break as the weakest link in the chain and if you strenghten it then it could mean that your pushing the problem further on down.,

• Advertisement

what about if I just went up a few amps like to 25 amps

lol, if there wasnt a problem then any fuse would make it fire, your wasting your time upping the Amps of the fuse., you could try removing the motor from the handgrip and then fire it with the motor on the table, that way you'll know if its the gears that ar jammed.,

The fuse is there as a break point. It's usually an amp under safe working current. It's current that kills things, voltage isn't so much of a factor. An 8.6v motor can feasibly run up to 12v, somtimes 15v (you're gearbox most likely will not take those though). The current however is very sensitive. AEG's pull high currents for very short spaces of time (fractions of a second per shot). Unlike voltage, motors have very little leway when it comes to current. Half an amp too much could fry the motor if it's sensitive enough. It's POSSIBLE you'd get away with it. But for the sake of opening it up and looking for a reason why it's happening you'd be risking your entire AEG as well as possibly endangering yourself.
    I've seen motors get a couple of amps too much in the past, not just on airsoft models. Most of them smoked out (over heated and died), one sparked quite wildly then died and another one actually caught fire and fused several dozen of it's windings.

Please be careful with electrical current

I will take you r advice into consideration and open it up, thanks for the advice and I will reply back with a report

have a look on www.mechbox.com for instructions on disassembling your gun,.

I took apart the MP5 today, i couldnt get the top piece off that is over the main body where the battery is located. I put in new fuse and tried it again, it worked but then made a grinding noise, anyone know the problem?

sounds like your gears man, you dont need to remove that top piece as far as i can remember,

what do you think I should do?

i reckon its gonna need to be stripped before any conclusion can be made., if your at HRTA anytime soon look me up and ill check it out for ya.,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

top piece over the main battery? im not particularly sure what you mean by this? is it where the cocking handle is?

once you remove all the screws, the front section should just slide forward away from the receiver

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    i reckon its gonna need to be stripped before any conclusion can be made., if your at HRTA anytime soon look me up and ill check it out for ya.,

Hey problem is that I live in Cork:(, so does anyone know where I could get it looked at, and for kdouglas` comment , it wouldnt slide off, im sure i removed all screws, if I could just get the body apart I know how to strip the rest after that.

did you look on mechbox? or youtube? its not really a hard one to strip.,

if you read above I had trouble dismantling it

Did you put in a higher ampage fuse. Given that you said it wouldn't work at all, then when you replaced the fuse you ended up with a grinding noise I would assume you did.

Also it doesn't sound like you're putting much effort into troubleshooting, courtesy google search turned up thousands of hits.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCLhA-n0wL8

No i didnt put in a higher amp fuse I only put in the exact same one but brand new

Did it blow? Was it Time Delay or Quick Blow? Was the original one Time Delay or Quick Blow?

there ya go man, if that cant help ya nothing can.,lol

this is for striping the gun,

this is for striping the gearbox,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Hey man, I own a Galaxy mp5k, if you bought it Cork, return it to the shop where you bought it and ask for a replacement or refund, be wary bought stripping the bollix out of it and trying to bring back a box of bits an pieces!

All the mp5/mp5k/mp5 pdw have issues but not a lot of them blow fuses unless the wiring has shorted internally on the body/reciever. Take it back to THAT shop, i'm guessing thats where it came from, best of luck..:D

Lads thank you for all the replies, ye have all been a huge help, unfortunetly I havent tried it yet due to me not being able to find them in stores, anyone have any idea on where to get them in Cork, Im looking for a glass 20amp fuse, by the way thanks to shiva who siad he will post me down 1 or 2, but I am going to need places to get fuses for the future, i tried 10 electrical stores today and none had them.

• Advertisement

Maplin have a store in cork you should be able to get them in.

Advertisement