Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is a Mad Joke!

Options
  • 11-01-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

During a visit to a mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criterion was that defined whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub; then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup, and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup.

"No," said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed by the wall or near the window?"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

:eek:Thats how they got me:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

rocky25 wrote: »
    :eek:Thats how they got me:eek:

:D

[on a side not .. you've got to stop changing font colour to black on your posts ... using cloud colour scheme and it messes with it all] :D

forbairt wrote: »
    :D

[on a side not.. you've got to stop changing font colour to black on your posts ... using cloud colour scheme and it messes with it all] :D

I pressed reply, the font came up automatically.
    Is today "Gang Up On Rocky Day"

It's the same font as you used above!

And it's "On a side note" not a side not.

I made mistakes in the past regarding font use, I have corrected this and don't need anymore advice!

It only takes one Mod to tell me, not people forming a queue to have a go.

gang up on rocky day ? I've read about 6 posts on boards today ... so I've no idea whats been happening ...

I wasn't trying to attack you .. sorry if it came across as that ..

yes I'm aware my spel een is ... at tro sch ous :D ... ( was actually a typo in this case sorry )

your post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055214081 doesn't show up unless I highlight it when I'm using the cloud theme on here which is the one I use all the time :)

use this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php?styleid=13 .. then go to your post ...

(again sorry ... wasn't an attack ... just a please don't use black as a font colour ... use the default colour)

Thanks Forbairt,

Apologies to you m8, but a couple of mods got on to me today.

I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong with the font.

Can you view this post OK.

Again my apologies, very very long wait in Hospital with my Missus last night.

• Advertisement

My background is now black and the print is white, is that right?

oops sorry to hear that ... been there before ... and its hell :(

Hmm... not sure what the problem is ... every joke you've ever posted ... I can't read unless I highlight the text .. (as in if you make a new thread I can't see it unless I highlight it)

Don't know if you're copying and pasting from something with black text font ... or what ( was just actually saying in case you highlight the text and change it to black :) )

My background is now black and the print is white, is that right?

how does http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055214081 show up ? ... as white or ?

Maybe its something weird happening on my end of things hmm..

forbairt wrote: »
    how does http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055214081 show up ? ... as white or ?

Maybe its something weird happening on my end of things hmm..

I went to the above and like you said, couldn't read my post unless I highlighted it, I could read the replys OK.

"Can ya hear me now":)

Even the smileys are now looking weird.

Should the font colour be white?

I went to the above and like you said, couldn't read my post unless I highlighted it, I could read the replys OK.

"Can ya hear me now":)

Even the smileys are now looking weird.

Should the font colour be white?

Smileys have always been ok .. or .. er am I think :D ...

(Talk about hijacking someone elses thread ... at least its getting more coverage on the front page .. sorry .. *whispers .. I'm so sorry* :D )

Fonts normally appear to me as white ....

Unless you are selecting the text and changing the text to black or something I'm not sure whats happening ..

• Advertisement

I think the problem, is that some people use that shadow thing and some don't.

Is everybody's background black and their font white.

Because I had to click on that link you posted to change mine to black background and white text.

Thanks for your help and advice, you have better patience than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Tip of the day:

When I'm doing a cut and paste, I paste the item into Notepad first.
    This converts it to plain text.
    Then I copy from Notepad and paste onto the message box.
    Never had any problems with that.

Proof that Bill Gates is the Devil The real name of "the" Bill Gates is William Henry Gates III.
    Nowadays he is known as Bill Gates (III), where "III" means the order of third (3rd.) By converting the letters of his current name to the ASCII-values and adding his (III), you get the following:
    B 66 I 73 L 76 L 76 G 71 A 65 T 84 E 69 S 83 + 3= 666 !!
    Some might ask, "How did Bill Gates get so powerful?" Coincidence? Or just the beginning of mankind's ultimate and total enslavement??? Before you decide, consider the following:
    M S - D O S 6 . 2 1 77+83+45+68+79+83+32+54+46+50+49 = 666
    W I N D O W S 9 5 87+73+78+68+79+87+83+57+53+1 = 666
    Coincidence? You decide...

Hagar wrote: »
    Tip of the day:

When I'm doing a cut and paste, I paste the item into Notepad first.
    This converts it to plain text.
    Then I copy from Notepad and paste onto the message box.
    Never had any problems with that.

Thank's Hagar,

Lots of people told about the problem, nobody gave me a clear cut solution until you posted your reply.

Cheers Young Man:rolleyes:

Advertisement