Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Lemongrass Vouchers Not Accepted

Options
  • 11-01-2008 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

My wife and I visited Lemongrass restaurant in Churchtown tonight, armed with €30 worth of vouchers redeemed from Tesco Clubcard points. The vouchers state that they are valid until March 2008. We have been there previously in 2007 and used the vouchers sucessfully. However, tonight, there was a notice on the door stating that Tesco Vouchers were no longer valid. We obviously asked the manager, and he stated that some problem had arisen and no Lemongrass restaurant was accepting vouchers after the 31st. December 2007, and that we should have been notified by Tesco.

Anyone got any info on this please

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcarddeals/Lemongrass.html
    nothing I can see on the Tesco site saying its been stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Knowing tesco, they probably weren't paying Lemongrass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

that's quite bad. are you going to email Tesco Clubcard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Noskoda

Cabaal wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.ie/clubcarddeals/Lemongrass.html
    nothing I can see on the Tesco site saying its been stopped

Yes I checked that when we came home and agree that there is nothing on the site

that's quite bad. are you going to email Tesco Clubcard?

Yes, sent e-mail saturday morning and received the usual "thank you for...... we will contact you"

• Advertisement

We received a reply email from Tesco today stating "Lemongrass decided to withdraw from our voucher scheme last year. You are still able to use your vouchers in any other participating restaurant".

I am disappointed [but maybe not surprised] that Tesco did not see fit to advise any of its customers about this. As stated above even their website regarding vouchers makes no mention of this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Noskoda wrote: »
    We received a reply email from Tesco today stating "Lemongrass decided to withdraw from our voucher scheme last year. You are still able to use your vouchers in any other participating restaurant".

I am disappointed [but maybe not surprised] that Tesco did not see fit to advise any of its customers about this. As stated above even their website regarding vouchers makes no mention of this.

Save copys of the website and e-mail them back advising that they should update there website and that you expect it to be updated within a set period.

I wounder with this be a job for the Advertising standards authority, since the website is clearly out of date and yet they are aware that people can't use the vouchers in this place anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Noskoda wrote: »

afaik this is not true - the Clubcard Deal vouchers have a code on them that indicate where they are valid. Each voucher is only valid in one place, you can't (for example) use Dublin Zoo vouchers in Insomnia.

Advertisement