Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive by shooting on...

Options
  • 11-01-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

...Parnell Street this evening. Just came that way in the car and the police have a section of the footpath taped off with two Gardai standing watch. No idea how bad a condition the guy who was shot is. He was taken to St John's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PG1999

Did something happen in Castletroy yesterday? I could swear I heard shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

PG1999 wrote: »
    Did something happen in Castletroy yesterday? I could swear I heard shots.

Could just be bangers, they are being set off on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

The sad thing is I wasn't even shocked when I heard about this shooting. Limerick is well and truly gone to the dogs. It will only be a matter of time before some innocent bystander takes a stray bullet.

These d1ckheads have no pride in their city at all. It's reached a point now whereby I'm not even going to defend my city anymore when I hear the usual "Stab City" jibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Jesus they'll be rapping next.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dont care i love Limerick. Great city, great ppl... if you exclude the obvious areas.

Sister works down in Live 95 and she lives out in croom..

Limerick has a bad name, so does alot of places, doesnt make them bad places though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

You're right Snyper Limerick isnt a bad place at all. I love Limerick however these d1cks unlike the rest of us have no pride in their city.

You're right Snyper Limerick isnt a bad place at all. I love Limerick however these d1cks unlike the rest of us have no pride in their city.

The point you made earlier in the thread is the most valid one for me. That someday a totally innocent person will be shot when one of these scumbags misses the person they were shooting at.

The fact it happened on a busy street during pretty much peak traffic makes the whole thing even scarier.

It never ceases to anger me how a small minority of scum can get a whole city tarred with a bad name.

I firmly believe that stiffer penalties would have an effect. I really do not understand it when I read in the paper that some scumbag gets arrested for something, and the next line is that he is out on bail for stabbing/shooting/robbing at the time.

The PC brigade can argue that long spells in prison will not help thise commiting crimes, but it would sure as hell help those who would be victims of crime if the criminals were locked up for longer spells when they commit a serious crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

But these nackers dont care about pride in Limerick, they just take pride in whats the best cocaine they can sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The best thing to do would be to send in CAB after them and make sure they couldn't make any money from their crimes. Pretty soon the gangs would be replaced by gangs from elsewhere in Ireland, imo. Cut off their money and they can't do business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Couldn't agree with you more, Amazothamazing. It's a mystery to me why the crime bosses can drive around the city in the latest 4x4s, while signing on. It shouldn't be too difficult to interrogate them about where all the money is from. I f I buy a flash car with cash revenue will take everything from me and I'll be out on the street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

How about flooding the dodgy gun market with guns that actually fire backwards, so that every time a scumbag tries something like this that we get a lower number of scumbags.....

I agree with Kess, though - the PC and sympathy brigade have screwed things up, big-time.....only yesterday there was a story on the front page of The Examiner about a prisoner who was suing the state coz he'd had to crap in a bucket in his cell, to which I have two comments:

1) Did you have a proper toilet at home ? If so, why didn't you ensure that you didn't end up in jail.....you could've used it all you liked then

2) Is your victim still able to use the toilet, or are they permanently injured/maimed or even dead ?

It drives me MAD :mad: to see people like John Devane or whoever making excuses for these scum....."your honour, his dad died and....." WTF !!!! My dad died in 2002 and you didn't see me out robbing/stabbing/shooting/acting the prick as a result !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

i too have given up defending the place
    in my opinion something stinks to high heaven about why this stuff is still allowed to go on in this town..its a small city in fairness. its not New York or London or even ****ty Dublin..
    It baffles me how the cops do not have some level of control over things. Its not rocket science..they know the people involved in these crimes (half the country does) but they seem to sit back and do nothing until there is an "incident"...can anyone really understand this..
    And please don't give me the usual "cops are too afraid to do anything" waffle..its a garda's job and the job of the overall garda force to protect the people of Limerick. Does anybody understand why this is not happening or am i alone in thinking this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

vkid wrote: »
    And please don't give me the usual "cops are too afraid to do anything" waffle..its a garda's job and the job of the overall garda force to protect the people of Limerick. Does anybody understand why this is not happening or am i alone in thinking this.

...the worst thing is the guards ARE actually afraid to do anything, completly under resourced for the situation. not much you can do with a wooden bat when you are up against handguns, grenades, sawn off shotguns etc.
    the scum dont give a **** about going to jail either, i was in work on friday and heard a pile of pricks laughing and joking coz one of them is being locked up for two years instead of his brother, he's doing it as a ****ing favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

maybe..i just dont think that is actually acceptable anymore. BUT in fairness to them I have never seen such a garda presence around the city as there was last night..It amazes me why this only happens when something provokes that reaction..Other nights you would be lucky to see one cop never mind van loads and cars everywhere..Where are they every other night?
    Seems to me we have a reactive police force in Limerick who are in no way proactive but that just my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

vkid wrote: »
    maybe..i just dont think that is actually acceptable anymore. BUT in fairness to them I have never seen such a garda presence around the city as there was last night..It amazes me why this only happens when something provokes that reaction..Other nights you would be lucky to see one cop never mind van loads and cars everywhere..Where are they every other night?
    Seems to me we have a reactive police force in Limerick who are in no way proactive but that just my opinion

yeah but that didnt stop someone from ending up in intensive care after bieng set on fire with petrol last night

utick wrote: »
    yeah but that didnt stop someone from ending up in intensive care after bieng set on fire with petrol last night

Yeah I saw that on the teletext. Was a 35 yo Polish bloke who was attacked by a gang of youths. Poor guy was battered and then his jacket and jeans were set on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

eamon234 wrote: »
    Jesus they'll be rapping next.
    icon_lol.gif

Advertisement