Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HR Melbourne

Options
  • 11-01-2008 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Myself and my girlfriend are heading to melbourne in March, just wondering if anyone knows what the job scene in the HR area is like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I'm working in Training and Development and there are loads of jobs in that area (in Melbourne). Serious skills shortage has been my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mmassive

Sorry I dont want to hijack the thread. I am also thinking of going to Melbourne in August. I'm currently working in the real estate industry and if anyone knows what it's like in the jobs front for this industry it'd be great.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 smithdogg AU

Well guys melbourne is awesome - i can't really comment on the job availabilty in those areas but i wouldn't think you guys would struggle if you are half decent at your job... also depends on whether you are temping (Working holiday visa) or going over as professionals etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

I came to Brizzy and had job offers within 1st few days. Took a good job that pays more than what I got at home after Fx. Costs living here is much less than Vic and NSW also so wage goes much further.

QLD experiecing a lifestyle boom as Victorians and NSW people head to the sunshiune state for the weather that Aus is famous for.

Real Estate is huge here on Gold Coats and in Brizzy, it does however feel like Dubllin felt 2 years ago..............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

mmassive wrote: »
    Sorry I dont want to hijack the thread. I am also thinking of going to Melbourne in August. I'm currently working in the real estate industry and if anyone knows what it's like in the jobs front for this industry it'd be great.

Thanks!

A good friend of mine here in Melbourne works in real estate recruitment. Drop me a PM and I'll pass on her contact info.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i'm moving there thursday week from New Zealand! Anyone recommend any good job websites? Had no problem picking up IT jobs in the cities here so I'm hopeing the demand will be the same in Melbs. Also is there a daft.ie type website? We have trademe.co.nz here which is really good.

Advertisement